GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Food] Asda Cream of Mushroom Soup"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/03/07 at 15:07
Regular
Left at the back of the cupboard for weeks, I just didn't want to know ... it's just not Heinz, is it?

Never the less, today I returned home with a need for a light snack, a hole that could only be filled with soup. To my horror the cupboard was lacking any kind of soup, apart from the brown, blue and white labelled tin, only barely visible, nestled between a tin of spaghetti and some sliced carrots.

I could almost hear it crying out to me 'Go on, give me a try, give me a chance, I can fulfill you just as good as any Heinz soup can!!'. I almost dismiss the idea and resign myself to a sandwich, but just as I'm about to close the cupboard on my unwanted friend, I have a change of heart. What have I got to lose?

I retrieve the tin and eye it up and down. The picture depicts Mushroom Soup as I am used to seeing it. If I close my eyes for a second I can almost taste it, good as Heinz I think, perhaps with a few less chunks of Mushroom.

A minute later and the empty tin is in the bin and I'm eagerly stirring the soup. To my pleasant surprise, the soup actually seems to contain MORE Mushroom chunks than Heinz's version. Could it? Would it ... be better? Hmmm ... I pass the time by microwaving some frozen bread for dipping.

So ... to the taste test!
Indeed it is true to say, there are many chunks of mushroom in the soup, I still believe it actually has more bits in there than Heinz ... a major plus point. But then, where it falls down is in the actual taste, or lack there of. I struggle to define it as anything other than 'Cream of' ... Cream of what though? If it didn't say it on the tin and I didn't see evidence in the form of Mushroom chunks floating around in there, it could be Cream of anything, really. A Greyish Creamy substance of unknown origin. Seriously lacking in any taste whatsoever. The bread did manage to put a bit of a dent in my hunger though.

In the end I was forced to get the pepper grinder and add some black pepper to the soup, just to give it a bit of ... something. I didn't finish the bowl and poured the rest in the sink, as the greyish liquid drained away I saw there were an abundance of these tasteless Mushroom chunks left.

To summarise the soup was as expected. A bland snack/meal with little to offer the soup connoisseur. Unsatisfying, tasteless .... rubbish.

3/10 (Would have got 2 but the extra chunks of mushroom landed it an extra point) Avoid if at all possible.
Tue 06/03/07 at 16:22
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Un-brand stuff is horrible.
Try Soupfuls, they're irish = good.
Mon 05/03/07 at 10:10
Regular
"Mooching around"
Sure it was in date? :P
Sun 04/03/07 at 15:07
Regular
Left at the back of the cupboard for weeks, I just didn't want to know ... it's just not Heinz, is it?

Never the less, today I returned home with a need for a light snack, a hole that could only be filled with soup. To my horror the cupboard was lacking any kind of soup, apart from the brown, blue and white labelled tin, only barely visible, nestled between a tin of spaghetti and some sliced carrots.

I could almost hear it crying out to me 'Go on, give me a try, give me a chance, I can fulfill you just as good as any Heinz soup can!!'. I almost dismiss the idea and resign myself to a sandwich, but just as I'm about to close the cupboard on my unwanted friend, I have a change of heart. What have I got to lose?

I retrieve the tin and eye it up and down. The picture depicts Mushroom Soup as I am used to seeing it. If I close my eyes for a second I can almost taste it, good as Heinz I think, perhaps with a few less chunks of Mushroom.

A minute later and the empty tin is in the bin and I'm eagerly stirring the soup. To my pleasant surprise, the soup actually seems to contain MORE Mushroom chunks than Heinz's version. Could it? Would it ... be better? Hmmm ... I pass the time by microwaving some frozen bread for dipping.

So ... to the taste test!
Indeed it is true to say, there are many chunks of mushroom in the soup, I still believe it actually has more bits in there than Heinz ... a major plus point. But then, where it falls down is in the actual taste, or lack there of. I struggle to define it as anything other than 'Cream of' ... Cream of what though? If it didn't say it on the tin and I didn't see evidence in the form of Mushroom chunks floating around in there, it could be Cream of anything, really. A Greyish Creamy substance of unknown origin. Seriously lacking in any taste whatsoever. The bread did manage to put a bit of a dent in my hunger though.

In the end I was forced to get the pepper grinder and add some black pepper to the soup, just to give it a bit of ... something. I didn't finish the bowl and poured the rest in the sink, as the greyish liquid drained away I saw there were an abundance of these tasteless Mushroom chunks left.

To summarise the soup was as expected. A bland snack/meal with little to offer the soup connoisseur. Unsatisfying, tasteless .... rubbish.

3/10 (Would have got 2 but the extra chunks of mushroom landed it an extra point) Avoid if at all possible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.