GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colin McRae 04 - worth buying ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Colin Mcrae Rally 04'.
Tue 14/10/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I'm after your opinions, I loved CMR1 & 2 but preferred WRC2 over CMR3, I've read a few reviews giving anything fro 7 to 9 out of 10.

Being a big driving game fan and not being patient enough to wait for WRC should I get it ? (as it can be bought for £28 from a certain place...)

Also I see racing-line.org have just added it to their list of games with fastest stage times
Tue 14/10/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I'm after your opinions, I loved CMR1 & 2 but preferred WRC2 over CMR3, I've read a few reviews giving anything fro 7 to 9 out of 10.

Being a big driving game fan and not being patient enough to wait for WRC should I get it ? (as it can be bought for £28 from a certain place...)

Also I see racing-line.org have just added it to their list of games with fastest stage times
Tue 14/10/03 at 10:47
Regular
"mini that is"
no i bought it for my PS2 to find out the cars look like matchboxes. if u have a x box get it on there its alot better its as if codies have developed it for the xbox and had some spare time and the put it on the ps2
Tue 14/10/03 at 11:08
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
thanks for honest opinion, think I will get it from G***, can return it the if it's crap.

Ta
Tue 14/10/03 at 11:10
Regular
"mini that is"
i bought it for 40 notes and when i xchanged it i got 20 i must admit its a great investment LOL
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
So, you are telling me that the game isn't worth buying because the graphics are bad? Surely, it's the gameplay that counts.
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:48
Regular
"where's my tag?"
The car models on the PS2 looked normal to me.

I would apply the 'box look' to the PC version of CM2, though.
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:55
Regular
"mini that is"
Grandprix wrote:
> So, you are telling me that the game isn't worth buying because the
> graphics are bad? Surely, it's the gameplay that counts.

all im saying is taht i enjoyed the xbox version more than the ps2 notable the xbox has good graphics but i thaught that codies could have done better for the ps2
Tue 14/10/03 at 13:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's only natural for the X-Box version to have better graphics as the X-Box is more powerful in that department. How is the gameplay though? Good handling? Different handling for different cars?
Tue 14/10/03 at 14:06
Regular
"mini that is"
i had only tried the focus and subaru and they was diffrnt

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.