GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100 Year Old Fights Off Teenage Muggers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/03/07 at 19:48
Regular
A 100 year old British man told on Wednesday how he fought off a gang of teenage muggers using "kung fu".

After a night at the pub, Buster Martin began to head home. On his way home Buster Martin showed that, even at 100, he still knew how to handle himself when he was confronted by the teenagers after a night at the pub.

Whether it was the alcohol or nerves of steel, the World War II veteran (Buster joined the Grenadiers during WWII and fought in Burma, Belgium and France) scared his three attackers so much they fled empty-handed.

Mr Martin was interviewed by police yesterday about the incident in Denmark Hill, South London, last Thursday night.

Mr Martin, a car washer-mechanic for a plumbing firm, said: 'They just came at me and pushed me against a wall and tried to take my money from me.

'Then they pushed me on the floor and I went mad. I was lashing out on the floor and then I stood up and was kicking them all.

'I pushed one and kung fu kicked the other one between the legs and he let out a scream. They ran off scared after I did that and I still had all my money.'

...continued

This guys is my hero =)
Thu 08/03/07 at 13:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Very_Metal wrote:

> "Mr Martin, a car washer-mechanic for a plumbing firm"
>
> .... at 100 years old, is it just me that thinks he should`ve
> retired by now? :D

When I skimmed the article I assumed it said retired but when I read it again I saw he is still working!

Mind you if it was left to the Government all 100+ year olds would still be working.
Sun 04/03/07 at 17:31
Regular
Wax on, wax off
Sun 04/03/07 at 17:16
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Mr Miyagi.
Sat 03/03/07 at 19:37
Regular
"..."
Old people scare me.
Sat 03/03/07 at 10:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
"Mr Martin, a car washer-mechanic for a plumbing firm"

.... at 100 years old, is it just me that thinks he should`ve retired by now? :D
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:51
Regular
Nin wrote:
> He doesn't look 100 at all.
> Did anyone think of the fire risk as he was blowing out those
> candles either?

heh. And yes he doesnt look 100 at all. It must be all the chav fighting he does.
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:50
Regular
Nin wrote:

> Did anyone think of the fire risk as he was blowing out those
> candles either?

The thought definitely crossed my mind ...
Regular
I only respect this guy because it was in South London.
Regular
"Monochromatic"
He doesn't look 100 at all.
Did anyone think of the fire risk as he was blowing out those candles either?
Regular
Retired at 97? Blimey, good to see he's not going to get pushed around by some stupid kids.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.