GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/10/03 at 23:05
Regular
"the great hazel"
I hear that the playstation 3 will have two versions one with all gadgets and one without is this true.
Sat 25/10/03 at 22:22
"For the horde!!!!"
monkeymoo wrote:
> there is no play station 3 yet and it wont be out for like 4 years the
> next playstation is play station 2.5 it is very good search more on
> it in www.playstation.com

More like two years
Sat 25/10/03 at 03:31
Regular
"woop de do"
there is no play station 3 yet and it wont be out for like 4 years the next playstation is play station 2.5 it is very good search more on it in www.playstation.com
Wed 22/10/03 at 10:17
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Two versions?

In what sense?
Wed 22/10/03 at 09:18
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Heh, FM said exactly what I was going to say. Although anything which lets you play imports is good. When I got my flip-top lid I bought all the old duff PAL classics I wanted on NTSC for a tenner each, cos they were so old by that time!
Tue 21/10/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
WickedWare wrote:
> By the way, is there anything on the market that already does this?

Yeah, an NTSC PS2 and an imported copy of the game in NTSC format.

:(

Apart from that I know of no device that removes borders and speeds up the games that are sloppily converted.
Tue 21/10/03 at 20:24
Regular
"where's my tag?"
As the Playstation3 is ment to be backwards compatible with ps2 and ps1, wouldn't it be cool if it fixed sloppy PAL conversions? Imagine Devil May Cry with full screen and Bushido Blade running at full speed! But I guess that would be asking for too much :(

By the way, is there anything on the market that already does this?
Tue 21/10/03 at 19:32
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
I have heard that the PlayStation 3 will have 2 versions too. But I dont thin they will be released at the same time think about it, they would be competing with themslevs! I have heard that one version will have all Onlin extras and stuff, and the normal one just for gaming.
Tue 21/10/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Women Pay Me"
I have to say that I'll be VERY suprised if Sony release two versions of the next console simultaneously.

Sure, later on perhaps (a bit like the PSX) but both at the same time? Doesn't really seem much point?

But hey, if anyone's gonna do it - it'll be Sony!
Sat 18/10/03 at 23:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
From what I've read so far... yes.

Even the PSX comes out in two versions (different sized hard drives is about the only difference I can see though).

So I expect the PS3 will come out in two versions:

PSX replacement version which does the all-singing all-dancing top quality DVD recording, screen grabbing and saving to hard disc stuff.

And the PS3 basic games console which plays games/CDs/DVDs.
Sat 18/10/03 at 23:05
Regular
"the great hazel"
I hear that the playstation 3 will have two versions one with all gadgets and one without is this true.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.