GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"should i get Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2'.
Mon 20/10/03 at 11:18
Regular
"always swirling"
i'm an rpg junky with nearly every final fanasy and zelda game (also have skies of arcadia: legends) and i love them to bits.

i have been hearing about Baldur's Gate off my mates but seeing how my computer is so slow i can't get on the pc. however i have got a ps2/gc and so was wondering about get Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

so i ask the people of this good forum: should i Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and if so at what price second hand.

thanx
TT
Fri 24/10/03 at 18:41
It was good though, no?
Fri 24/10/03 at 13:35
Regular
"always swirling"
baldur's gate is really short though, i finished it in only 13 hours.

atleast it gives me more time to play dark chronicals
Thu 23/10/03 at 11:19
Regular
"always swirling"
G-Virus wrote:
> If u like hack n slash type stuff then BG is great! but if yuo prefer
> the classic RPG, such as Final Fantasy then you might not like it.
> Its also short for an RPG, but that dosn't matter, its fun!

i do love my final fantasy but i also love my zelda so it was right up my street. i loved the finding, selling and upgrading armour/weapons the best through (just like the old adventure books with each paragraph numbered so you could go on a journey with only a pencil and a dice, those were the days)
Thu 23/10/03 at 11:07
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
If u like hack n slash type stuff then BG is great! but if yuo prefer the classic RPG, such as Final Fantasy then you might not like it. Its also short for an RPG, but that dosn't matter, its fun!
Thu 23/10/03 at 11:06
Regular
"always swirling"
god damn you icarus and FantasyMeister i brought them both and have no money left!!!

but i haveto say baldurs gate is a good stress reliver and dark chronical just rocks!!!!
Tue 21/10/03 at 18:59
By the way TT, you should buy Dark Alliance anyway, it's a great stress reliever with level ups in a "lite" fashion. I certainly enjoyed it.
Tue 21/10/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Talkie Toaster wrote:
> i'll rent it out today and see if its any good.

Good luck :)

Make sure you complete chapter 5 before you send it back though, or else you'll miss out on the best bits and extras. (Chapter 5 is where the whole game opens up, takes about 40 hours or so to get there though, a bit like Final Fantasy X...)
Tue 21/10/03 at 10:53
Regular
"always swirling"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Dark Chronicle goes on forever.

i don't think i have that long to play it, maybe a few mounths but...

i'll rent it out today and see if its any good.
Mon 20/10/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Talkie Toaster wrote:
> i got dark cloud and loved it apart from the random generate dungeons
> which seem to be a major part of it.
> is dark chronicals the same?

Dark Chronicle is a zillion times better (think of the jump in quality from say... Final Fantasy 7 to Final Fantasy X, same thing here, but more so) but still with lots of randonly generated dungeons. (But there's a reason for them this time, you can play golf in them, you can beat baddies against the clock in them and you can fish in them, so if they were all small and the same it would get too boring).

Plus... ***spoiler alert***

Dark Chronicle goes on forever.
Mon 20/10/03 at 13:44
Regular
"always swirling"
i got dark cloud and loved it apart from the random generate dungeons which seem to be a major part of it.
is dark chronicals the same?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.