GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games + films"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 11:25
Regular
This topic has probably been done loads of times before but I'm just interested to know.

Mario and the Street Fighter crew showed us how not to do it but which games would turn into decent films?

I think 'Fur Fighters' would be great! Toy Story humour and visuals , mixed with Matrix style gun fights! Good no?

Any suggestions?
Tue 11/09/01 at 11:25
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
This topic has probably been done loads of times before but I'm just interested to know.

Mario and the Street Fighter crew showed us how not to do it but which games would turn into decent films?

I think 'Fur Fighters' would be great! Toy Story humour and visuals , mixed with Matrix style gun fights! Good no?

Any suggestions?
Tue 11/09/01 at 11:30
"High polygon count"
Personally, I thought Tomb Raider was the best game-to-film conversion yet.

Metal Gear Solid could be an amazing near-future sci-fi action film, given the right FX.
Tue 11/09/01 at 11:34
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Wòókiee Møn§Ý€R wrote:
> Personally, I thought Tomb Raider was the best game-to-film
> conversion yet.

Metal Gear Solid could be an amazing near-future
> sci-fi action film, given the right FX.

Haven't seen Tomb Raider yet , MGS would be cool. Who do you think would play Snake?
Tue 11/09/01 at 11:38
"High polygon count"
rob_skater wrote:
> Haven't seen Tomb Raider yet , MGS would be cool. Who do you think would
> play Snake?

Personally I'd like to see some good but little-known or unknown actors taking all of the roles to make it a completely new experience.
Tue 11/09/01 at 11:41
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
I haven't got a clue who'd play him! But I think the good but unknown idea is good.
Tue 11/09/01 at 11:45
"High polygon count"
A film with a large budget but small-time actors would leave plenty of cash for the FX - and something like Metal Gear Rex would need good CGI to bring to life in a realistic fashion.

Mind you, I wouldn't be disappointed if they were to do a complete CGI movie, as they have with Final Fantasy. Then they could use the same voice actors as they do for the game.
Tue 11/09/01 at 11:48
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Good point! Whats the Final Fantasy film like anyway?
Tue 11/09/01 at 11:49
"High polygon count"
I haven't had the chance to see it yet, unfortunately!
Tue 11/09/01 at 11:54
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
It looks great , so i'll go and see it soon. The last film I saw was the Planet of the Apes remake , good film that is , highly recommended!

Got to go now! College calls! I'll be back on later. Maybe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.