GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fifa 2004'.
Wed 22/10/03 at 20:58
Regular
"PS2 Rulez!!"
Does anyone think that fifa 2004 will be any good ???
Sun 26/10/03 at 19:43
Regular
"  "
The games really really good. It's not as good as PES3 gameplay terms. But everything else is better than PES.
Sat 25/10/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've heard that you can swap team information between FIFA 2004 and the new EA football management game - Total Clu manager 2004.

Allows you to manage a team in TCM and then play with them in FIFA, create a team in TCM and port it to the FIFA game etc.

Promising if it works well.
Sat 25/10/03 at 14:59
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
I'm thinking of slipping a certain competitor thirty nicker for FIFA 2004, as I've heard that it's got a management system thats meant to be quite good...anyone heard anything on this?
Thu 23/10/03 at 21:21
Regular
"WWJD"
Ive not played the game yet, i have liked the other FIFA's but I have heard this ones different
Thu 23/10/03 at 18:50
Regular
"  "
I've had WE7 for months and I realise FIFA 2004 won't be better. But being allowed to compete in proper tournaments online will be great, even if the game isn't that good. So I get.
Thu 23/10/03 at 18:00
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
WTF Ali, have you even played FIFA yet? I have PES3 at the mo and i'm really enjoying it, but playing games on-line is just quality, so i thinki even if FIFA is poo, it'll still be the nads online. And your comment about the master-league being too easy on 5 star, bollards.
Wed 22/10/03 at 22:17
Regular
Even if I did take my PS2 online I wouldn't go near that sheet EA Sports effort.
Wed 22/10/03 at 22:10
" Crazy!"
I am getting Fifa 2004.

I know the gameplay in Pro Evo is better, that is why I own number 3.

But since none of you in this topic, who ahve replied so far, and to my knowledge son't have your PS 2 Online, it is understandable why you do not like fifa.

But I do have my PS 2 online and that is the catagory in which fifa surpasses Pro Evo 3.
Wed 22/10/03 at 21:32
"High polygon count"
I haven't tried FIFA2004 yet, but I played PES3 on Monday night.

I loved the game - PES3 is much better when compared to PES2 than PES2 was compared to PES1. But I agree, it did seem a little easy compared to PES2.

Thing is, I still say that Konami need to nail down a license for proper team and player names, and also some 'proper' competitions - at least in structure if not in name.

For me at least, the lack of these really detract from an otherwise perfect game. And why is there STILL no option to start a Master League with your chosen team and keep all of their players?

The commentary is still crap as ever, and during the pre-match commentary you can hardly hear Trevor Brooking's comments (granted, not necessarily a bad thing) because the sound balance is all wrong.

And the graphics seem duller and slightly fuzzy, too.

Having nailed down an almost-perfect game engine in PES2, I had hoped that Konami would address many of the presentation issues in this version, but they haven't.

So for me there's still plenty of reason to consider FIFA, or maybe even Codemasters' Club Football - though apparently the latter doesn't have full licenses either, and only the 'main' team of each version is 100% present and correct.

I haven't bought any of them yet, and will probably wait for playable demos of FIFA and Club Football (maybe even TIF2004) before I make a final decision.
Wed 22/10/03 at 21:07
Regular
"es argh"
Try 5* instead of 3.

And it aint easy, stop playing Saudi Arabia with Brazil.

If you get FIFA, you are officially a nonce, I played the demo and it is absolutely diabolical.

FIFA 98 with niceR<<<<<<< graphics

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.