GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:34
Hey all,

If you have the Halo beta demo (get it from gigex.com if you don't) then I'm hosting a game on Saturday, 2PM, under the name "Icarus ain't that good". Be there if you wish to kill me.
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:34
Hey all,

If you have the Halo beta demo (get it from gigex.com if you don't) then I'm hosting a game on Saturday, 2PM, under the name "Icarus ain't that good". Be there if you wish to kill me.
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:35
Regular
Bought the full version the other day. Took it back. The multiplayer is surprisingly pants.
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:53
Aww, I think it's great. If I could use an Xbox controller instead of keyboard and mouse, then I'd see no reason to buy the Xbox version.
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:56
Regular
Just play xbox Halo through XBConnect. When that works, it's pretty good, but the only good points in PC Halo is the extras. that new warthog is sweet!
Thu 23/10/03 at 19:57
It's new? You mean the HE launcher? That's tough to aim, and a bit slow. Still, that's what a rocket launcher is, I suppose.
Thu 23/10/03 at 20:00
Regular
And the flamethrower is a nice addition, as is the new Covenant weapon that the big boys use.

But it was a purchase I wish I hadn't made. My opinion though, I'm sure many will love it.
Thu 23/10/03 at 20:00
I've heard about XConnect. Doesn't it require PC software and therefore the PC to run? One of the reasons I would want to buy the Xbox version is the ease in starting up and convenience - start it up with disc, and I'm there. But the PC version's looking more and more appealing...
Thu 23/10/03 at 20:05
Regular
True you need to tunnel through your PC, but IMO, the single player is the better side, and the co-op tops it off.

Just you wait for Halo 2. That will be how online Halo is meant to be...
Thu 23/10/03 at 20:06
Sod it, I'll just buy PC Halo, and Xbox Halo 2... sorted.
Thu 23/10/03 at 20:08
Regular
Good Man.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.