GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Planet of the Apes?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/09/01 at 21:42
Regular
Last night I went to the cinema to see the much hyped Planet of the Apes. I have not seen the original but had heard about the ending where they discover that they were on Earth all along, so was fully expecting this ending and that the forbidden place for the Apes, would show some remains of Earth before the Apes took over. I thought the new twist was much better than the original endding, it also gave you something to think about on the way home from the cinema.

My theory for the film was that Leo Davidson (the main character) went after the monkey that was sent into the purple storm, while going after the monkey he got sent into the future by the storm and crashed on the planet when there was Apes. The Spaceship which he came from went after him, they landed on the planet but didn't go forward in time, after they landed they monkeys that were onboard the Spaceship became stronger than the humans and took over, as the years went by the Apes became like humans, they learned to talk and to build a civilisation. Then Leo crashed onto the planet to find Apes, he was captured with other humans by the Apes and taken to be sold. One of the Apes saw that the way the humans were treat was not right so bought two of them. They went to where his Spaceship had crashed and got a tracking device, it told him to go to this point, the point was the forbidden place for the Apes, it was said to be where their creator Sabu was from, when ge got their it was his old (big) Spaceship which had crashed, it shoiwed how the monkeys had broken free of their cages and on the computer there was a message saying that they monkeys had got too strong for them. The army of Apes found where Leo was so there was kind of a fight, then the monkey that Leo cahsed after at the start. Leo went to leave the planet and to ty and go back in time. He went into the storm again, then crashes landed on a planet, I thought that he was back on the normal Earth as it showed the Abe Lincon statue, it was Thade the ruler of the planet of the Apes when he left. The Planet of the Apes had grown like the Earth in time but was ruled by Apes. I think that if Leo had of stayed on the Planet of the Apes Thade wouldn't of become a great leader.

Anyone else who disagrees post what you think happend

I think that Planet of the Apes is one of the best films I've seen this year. I hope there is a sequal like there was for the original, but I don't know where the story can carry on.
Sun 09/09/01 at 21:42
Regular
Last night I went to the cinema to see the much hyped Planet of the Apes. I have not seen the original but had heard about the ending where they discover that they were on Earth all along, so was fully expecting this ending and that the forbidden place for the Apes, would show some remains of Earth before the Apes took over. I thought the new twist was much better than the original endding, it also gave you something to think about on the way home from the cinema.

My theory for the film was that Leo Davidson (the main character) went after the monkey that was sent into the purple storm, while going after the monkey he got sent into the future by the storm and crashed on the planet when there was Apes. The Spaceship which he came from went after him, they landed on the planet but didn't go forward in time, after they landed they monkeys that were onboard the Spaceship became stronger than the humans and took over, as the years went by the Apes became like humans, they learned to talk and to build a civilisation. Then Leo crashed onto the planet to find Apes, he was captured with other humans by the Apes and taken to be sold. One of the Apes saw that the way the humans were treat was not right so bought two of them. They went to where his Spaceship had crashed and got a tracking device, it told him to go to this point, the point was the forbidden place for the Apes, it was said to be where their creator Sabu was from, when ge got their it was his old (big) Spaceship which had crashed, it shoiwed how the monkeys had broken free of their cages and on the computer there was a message saying that they monkeys had got too strong for them. The army of Apes found where Leo was so there was kind of a fight, then the monkey that Leo cahsed after at the start. Leo went to leave the planet and to ty and go back in time. He went into the storm again, then crashes landed on a planet, I thought that he was back on the normal Earth as it showed the Abe Lincon statue, it was Thade the ruler of the planet of the Apes when he left. The Planet of the Apes had grown like the Earth in time but was ruled by Apes. I think that if Leo had of stayed on the Planet of the Apes Thade wouldn't of become a great leader.

Anyone else who disagrees post what you think happend

I think that Planet of the Apes is one of the best films I've seen this year. I hope there is a sequal like there was for the original, but I don't know where the story can carry on.
Mon 10/09/01 at 00:13
Regular
new twist better than the origanal? what!

when he discovers the statue of liberty drops to the floor and breaks out into song" oh my god i was wrong it was earth all along...you've finaly made a monkey out of meee"

no wait wasnt that the simpsons?

anyways the new one better than the old?! WHAT?
Mon 10/09/01 at 11:03
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Both endings are great , but the original is better. And yes , that was the Simpsons!
Mon 10/09/01 at 16:43
The ending was rather bizzare. Are you sure your interpretation is right, because me and my fellows have had much debate about what it actually means.

heh.

you damn dirty Human
Mon 10/09/01 at 16:47
I mean could the Planet of the Apes evolve exactly the same way Earth did?

I have part of a theory that when he goes back, you can see he doesn't go back fully, to about 2144 or something, and that when the monkeys super-evolved on the planet of the apes, they did on Earth too.

But that doesn't explain the Thade statue though.

Damn.

Grix had an idea about this too, but I can't quite remember waht he told me. I don't really pay much attention, as I am slacking (as he so calls it!).
Mon 10/09/01 at 18:11
Regular
mr neil when the guy went off the planet of the apes then went into the storm again i thiught that he went forward in time then went back on the planet of the apes, he thought he had gone to earth but he hadn't, back on the Apes planet. well that's what i think.
Mon 10/09/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I thinks it's a good movie.
Mon 10/09/01 at 19:26
Regular
"Whatever!"
Not as good as the original mind!!
Mon 10/09/01 at 19:55
Regular
what does everyone think of a sequal to the new film?
Mon 10/09/01 at 20:09
joe_poly wrote:
> what does everyone think of a sequal to the new film?

Erm, no. Absolutely not. It wasn't a good film, and if the filmmakers are to ever get over this embarassing and turbulent period of their lives, they should lay it to rest and never mention that atrocity again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.