GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOCOM 2, PLZ HELP ME!!!1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM 2 : Jungle Storm'.
Mon 27/10/03 at 22:48
Regular
Hello

I have ordered a slide card in order to play imported PS2 games, top of my list is SOCOM 2 naturally, i was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to play online US games on a PAL machine using a slide card or mod chip, someone plz help :)
Tue 28/10/03 at 11:38
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I did the slide card for a bit, it is pretty dodgy, you're much better getting a flip top lid.
Tue 28/10/03 at 11:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah the slide card would proably knacker your PS2 after a while.
Also as mentioned there may be troubles with you trying to play it online.

Mod chips and a few other ways allow you to play import games but you are always taking a risk with these so unless you are confident in doing the instalation or trust someone else to do them then avoid them.
Tue 28/10/03 at 08:25
Regular
Wouldn't it be trying to connect to US servers from here? Could work, but it's possible you could be seriously lagged for it.

And I'd steer clear of those slide cards - they do more damage than good. Trust me.
Mon 27/10/03 at 22:53
" Crazy!"
Guess you took my advice then Vypa.
Mon 27/10/03 at 22:48
Regular
Hello

I have ordered a slide card in order to play imported PS2 games, top of my list is SOCOM 2 naturally, i was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to play online US games on a PAL machine using a slide card or mod chip, someone plz help :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.