GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sir Alex Ferguson"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 17:27
Regular
I am a Manchester United supporter and before you go on saying “Glory Hunter” I have been a supporter since I was about 7, when I first found they joys of the best ever game, Football.

Right on with the show

Sir Alex Ferguson

He is the manager of one of the worlds successful football clubs, Manchester Untied. But not for long, he is soon to leave. With god knows how many F.A cups under his belt and enough trophies to fill your house I think he has done what he set out to do. Now his time has come, to leave.

When I first heard of this news, I was shocked. Very Shocked. Sir Alex is Manchester United’s backbone, in my view anyway. You could give any manager £100 million pounds and tell him to do what Sir Alex has done. They would fail. He has done what other managers can only dream of. He is in some people’s view “god” The God of Football managers.

I would class him as someone special, someone who will be remembered for many generations to come. Old Trafford will remain in people’s heads forever. Old Trafford will be the ground that football teams fear, there worst nightmare. Many teams have tried, many have failed.
He runs the world’s richest club at just under 1billion pounds. (Last time a checked anyway, now it’s probably 2billion!)

He has made some outrageous decisions, everyone though they were wrong. But no. He didn’t, and that’s what makes him so special, he is his own man. Many managers look on at him in disgust, why? They can’t believe how much money he has, and how full his trophy cabinet it. They are just jealous. He has had to work his socks off to get where he is, some people think you can manage a team for 2 years and you will be this successful. No. Add a nought on the end and triple it. That’s how long he has being managing. (Ok not that much but hey) ;o)

The question that is on my mind is this.

“Who will replace him”

In my view, no one could. I think that the year that he is not managing will be the year Man.U doesn’t win the premiership. There is talk of Arsene Wenger. Don’t be so stupid. He is not going to move. Or is he? The prospect of owning the worlds most successful team and richest might overcome his wants to stay at Arsenal.

If Man.U don’t get a good manager soon after Sir Alex has left, Man.U might crumble. The backbone of each team is the manager, without one, they are nothing. You could have all the best players in the world but with no manager you are nothing, Sunday Pub teams will be walking all over you.

So the big question here is this “Who will replace one of the finest managers of all time?” The answer is nobody but still the prospect of all that money and some of the greatest players around might draw some of the best managers around the globe. But then if they mess it up, Man.U Will be nothing.
It’s a scary choice but if you think you have got the will and determination then I say good luck to you, you are in for one of the best or worst rides of your life.

Thanks
GM
Mon 10/09/01 at 18:39
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> What's all this Barthez is leaving talk? I've not heard anything.

He may be leaving. I have now had conformation of stam leaving.
£16.6 million.

He will be greatly lost
Mon 10/09/01 at 17:08
I think the next United manager will be Loui Van Gal. LVG has had a nightmare managing Holland (out of the world cup) but his club management record is good and he is experienced at dealing with big stars, having previously managed a Barcelona team which included Rivaldo and Figo.
Sun 09/09/01 at 23:21
Regular
What's all this Barthez is leaving talk? I've not heard anything.
Sun 09/09/01 at 20:14
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Thanks guys.

Sheepy, Aberdeen are Cra.....Good :o)

Thanks Style.

Do you always get the "Glory Hunter" Shouted at you when you were you favorite shirt? Your man.u one? Yes thought so.

Its nice to see another true fan. They are far and few between.

So you went to the match?
Its elecric atmosphere, I love it.

How many have you been to? Me? 1. I live so far away that why.

Many people call themselfs proper fans but have never even been to a match.

barthez looks like he is leaving as well a stam. God knows what going to happen.
Sun 09/09/01 at 19:51
Regular
"How Handy."
Wicked post Gas Mask.

It's nice to see another proper fan.

I have been a United fan since the day I was born and will be until the day I die. People have recently been talking about a slump in United's form, but yesterday's game shut them up ;)

I was there at the game and it was an absolute corker, the only reason we didn't get a clean sheet is because as the song goes:
Same old scousers, always cheating.

If that wasn't a handball I'm dutch. Veron is the best thing since sliced bread, those little bits of skill and those incredible passes really make him stand out from the crowd. I also think that he'll keep on improving, he hasn't played here for long so as he gains confidence and gets to know his team mates I'm sure he'll be even better than he is now.

I must admit I do worry about the future for Manchester United, as Fergie's leaving, there's talk of Bathez going, anything could happen. I daren't think of who's going to be the next manager but they'll have a hell of an act to follow.
Sun 09/09/01 at 17:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think I should flatten Ant :-D

STOMP

ah yeah nice post even though Aberdeen weren't mentioned.
Sun 09/09/01 at 09:25
Regular
My 1st choice would be Terry Venables. Knows the players, well respected, good tactician, English. (I can't see it happening though).
My 2nd choice would be Fabio Capello. Everywhere he's gone he's won things especially the domestic league. AC Milan, Real Madrid, Roma, etc.
3rd choice? At a push I would say George Graham?

Obviously I'd like to see "Sven" there, but he's committed to England.
Sat 08/09/01 at 19:54
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
What? What? No!!! How dare you!

But thanks anyway Ant even if i will have to kill you ;o)
Sat 08/09/01 at 19:52
Regular
What about Martin O'Neill?
Sat 08/09/01 at 19:50
Regular
"I like cheese"
Who knows? wrote:
> Alex Ferguson, huh?

>I prefer Gerard Houllier.

Yeah, so do I. I think Alex Ferguson is a gum-chewing, annoying, gum-chewing, Scottish, gum-chewing twonk.

But there we go, opinions differ, right? :D

Anyway, great post Gassie, worthy of a FAD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.