GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSone games starting to fade"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/09/01 at 14:48
Regular
I have a PSone but am concerned about the new games.
Alone in the Dark 4 stank, Mat Hoffman's was Tony Hawk's 2 on two wheels(unoriginal) and the other games look even worse(Digimon, Sabrina, Batman Racing). The World's Scariest Police Chases was good, but not brilliant. So does anyone agree. most people are 2 scared to admit their favourite console is losing it.
it may only be losing to PS2, but it is still losing.
Tue 18/09/01 at 16:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
well i suppose ppl have their own veiws but i wouldn't say ninty suck. i like them. not as much a sony but ninty are ok.

sorry sony fans. i still think the PS2 will beat the GC though.
Tue 18/09/01 at 16:04
Regular
NES is nintendo. Nintendo SUCK. get outta here!
Sun 16/09/01 at 12:07
"period drama"
did anyone have 'battle of olympus' on the original nintendo
NES
it ruled
Sun 16/09/01 at 00:14
metal titan wrote:
> I seriously doubt that ps1 will be around till ps2 fades. Also what
> do you expect of Ps1 it's bound to be getting a little bit stale, it
> has been around since 1994 I believe, so for a console it's had an
> extreamly long reign!
Respect Ps1, for it is the greatest and
> longest lasting console of all time, and has probably got a good
> couple 'a years left in her.

Er,,,,actually the Nintendo NES (8 bit) lasted 8 years and the Game Boy has been going for 12 years. By the way Sony has ceased production of the psone console and there is only a release schedule for upto another 12 months. They need to if they want the PS2 to work.
Sat 15/09/01 at 11:51
Regular
beanz wrote:
> they're also bringing out (last that i heard) black and white and
> max payne for the ps1....
mind you the ps1 version of b&W only
> has like 20 out of the 400 missions available and looks
> rather....blah....
i'll wait for the ps2 version of both the above
> games :)

Black + W will be one 8th of the ps2 version, and sorry, Max Payne is only PS2 now
Tue 11/09/01 at 16:50
Regular
"accidental superher"
they're also bringing out (last that i heard) black and white and max payne for the ps1....
mind you the ps1 version of b&W only has like 20 out of the 400 missions available and looks rather....blah....
i'll wait for the ps2 version of both the above games :)
Tue 11/09/01 at 09:26
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Unlikely, but wouldn't it be funny if the PS1 outlasted the GC, like it did the N64. I'd chuckle away....
Tue 11/09/01 at 01:13
I seriously doubt that ps1 will be around till ps2 fades. Also what do you expect of Ps1 it's bound to be getting a little bit stale, it has been around since 1994 I believe, so for a console it's had an extreamly long reign!
Respect Ps1, for it is the greatest and longest lasting console of all time, and has probably got a good couple 'a years left in her.
Sat 08/09/01 at 16:38
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yes the Playstation is starting to fade, but there are still some great games out there and coming out. But remember the PS2 is compatible with these games so it will be around till the PS2 fades, though thats a long time coming.

Though i have to admit i have not bought a playstation game in ages.
Sat 08/09/01 at 16:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
The PSone has become worse than the N64, The games are for young children, tin tin,little mermaid, bugs bunny.

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN, haha

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.