GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Project Gothem Racing 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing 2'.
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Now, no doubt this will result in massive backlash and verbal kickings - but I just played the demo using the Skyline of this game and my god it sucked crusty rectum !

No matter how I approached the turns, the car would 9 times out of 10 just go out of control and slam into walls ! Then of course as soon as I manage to get control of the car, one of the poxy AI cars flies up and slams into the back of me, again, sending me into the wall.
The only way I could take the corners with any real control was to drive extremely boring - as soon as the aura of my thumb went anywhere near the handbrake, the sodding car flew into some mental, throwing itself all over the track !

Graphics are gorgeous, cars look great - the handling just completely sucks ! Me thinks I'll just be sticking with Sega GT Online and TOCA online. God I can't believe how disappointing PGR2 has turned out for me. I really have to stop myself buying it for the sake of my heart, hair and sanity. I swear if I fork out 40 quid for that game and start playing it, I'll either die from extreme mental stress, or I'll be in the papers for going to the developers and shooting the lot of them with a bag full of shotguns.

Thank god for demos !
Wed 05/11/03 at 16:05
Regular
ßora? SagdiyeV wrote:
>
> you're a hero

I know.
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:59
Regular
Nomino wrote:
> Look at the title:
>
> "Project Gothem Racing 2"
>
> I've never heard of that exact game. Second word rhyming somewhat
> like a famous cricketers surname if you pronounce it as it is
> written.

you're a hero
Wed 05/11/03 at 15:58
Regular
Look at the title:

"Project Gothem Racing 2"

I've never heard of that exact game. Second word rhyming somewhat like a famous cricketers surname if you pronounce it as it is written.
Tue 04/11/03 at 21:27
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Edgy wrote:
> Handling sucks more than a poorly developed rally game!

See Alastair, it's not just me who thinks this.
Tue 04/11/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Remember me?"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> PGR has always sucked. You lot were just too blinded by nice graphics
> to listen to me. Or something. :/
Tue 04/11/03 at 20:53
Regular
After playing PGR2 on the XBM disc, I can honestly say that, despite the cars looking like real toy cars (:D), I wont be getting it.

Handling sucks more than a poorly developed rally game!
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Nice attempt to make yourself look remotely intelligent Nomino. Oh well, maybe another day eh ?
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Serious racing games bite butt anyway.

New Rush game and then we'd see a decent racer with 'proper' cars.
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:40
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Oh look, Nomino has posted. Nomino, the guy whose as popular on here
> as Barney Gumble in a Miss America contest.
>
> Come back and have a go about my "ramblings" when theres
> anyone on here that gives a toss about yours.

lol

"The Skyline is a damn fast car - but it also has tyres that grip the road when going speeds of over 30mph - something that seems to have been overlooked."

"Over 30mph" would constitute 130mph, or even 180mph...any speed above 30mph in fact. Clearly, tyres will struggle when attempting a hairpin bend at 130mph. Ever heard of brakes?
Tue 04/11/03 at 09:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
PGR has always sucked. You lot were just too blinded by nice graphics to listen to me. Or something. :/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.