GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE OFFICIAL REMOTE IS OUT"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/09/01 at 12:56
Regular
Yes you heard correctly the OFFICIAL remote is out now and I've just picked it up from EB.
The remote is very smart indeed and has a button for every funtion so none of this going through the menu anymore. It comes with a driver disc which upgrades the player to version 2 but only problem is, it's a MASSIVE file about 2000 kb so you'll need some free space.

It has some really excellent functions like,
3 speeds of search both ways (forward and reverse).
Time display to show how long the disc has been running. Disc/title/chapter repeat.
Program which chapters to play in a certain order.
A-B
and quite a few other nice new features i forget which.

Everything is neatly set out and it's very resonsive but It does however come with a £20 price tag but take it from me it's DEFINATLY worth it.

Res
Fri 07/09/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Back For Good"
Yes you heard correctly the OFFICIAL remote is out now and I've just picked it up from EB.
The remote is very smart indeed and has a button for every funtion so none of this going through the menu anymore. It comes with a driver disc which upgrades the player to version 2 but only problem is, it's a MASSIVE file about 2000 kb so you'll need some free space.

It has some really excellent functions like,
3 speeds of search both ways (forward and reverse).
Time display to show how long the disc has been running. Disc/title/chapter repeat.
Program which chapters to play in a certain order.
A-B
and quite a few other nice new features i forget which.

Everything is neatly set out and it's very resonsive but It does however come with a £20 price tag but take it from me it's DEFINATLY worth it.

Res
Fri 07/09/01 at 18:50
Regular
"Whatever!"
Excellent - Ill have to pick that up over the weekend!!
Fri 07/09/01 at 19:06
its a bit annoying that it cant write the driver details to the PS2. I suppose its so they can shift a few more memory cards!

I have heard some good reviews about this DVD Remote, and am sure that it is a good purchase. I dont think this is one for me though, ill just buy DVD's for my PC!
Fri 07/09/01 at 19:14
Regular
"Back For Good"
kylebrown wrote:
> its a bit annoying that it cant write the driver details to the PS2.
> I suppose its so they can shift a few more memory cards!

Yeah tell me about it, another bad thing is it takes up your second controller port *sigh*

I forgot to metion the reverse slow motion which I thought was pretty cool,It could do with a standby buttton but everything else is ace, someone said it fixes the lip sync but i haven't used it enough to see, hope so :)
Fri 07/09/01 at 19:26
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I have had my console since launch day and have not had any lip sync, is my PS2 just ace or am i just lucky? Do a lot of you PS2 owners have the problem?
Fri 07/09/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Touched!"
Pro Evo wrote:
> I have had my console since launch day and have not had any lip
> sync, is my PS2 just ace or am i just lucky? Do a lot of you PS2
> owners have the problem?

i havent either, maybe we are just lucky, a lot of people do complain about it, but i have not had any probs yet, ty for the info on the remote, i'm going for an interview for part time work tomorrow so i'll pick one up while i'm there :), i'll post my opinins of the remote tomorrow
Fri 07/09/01 at 21:00
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive had a few problems like lyp sinc - But all I have to do is pause then unpause and its fine!!
Fri 07/09/01 at 22:33
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I cant comment on the lyp synch issue since I only watched 1 DVD.It was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and they werent saying what was in the subtitles anyway
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:09
So has anyone else other than Resi actually got the remote? SR haven't got it - why the bloody hell not?!
Sat 08/09/01 at 13:34
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im going on a trek into town later to pick up my remote - It better had god damn be in stock!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.