GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do I move my Instant Pro Website Builder pages ? "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/03/10 at 20:47
Regular
"Music is Life"
Hello there ! :) I have a website running and wanted to design a new one. So, I used a temporary website address to make my design. I pointed my Instant Pro website builder to this temprary site and built my pages. Once I am happy with the results, I would like to transfer the website pages to my actual website address. Is there anyway of doing this ?

Thank you

Vijay
Wed 24/03/10 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It does not really work like that. The domain name you assign to the site will always produce the same pages that have been made in the builder.

The best way to think of it is two seperate things (domain names and website).........

Once you build "Website A" in the InstantPro Builder, it will always contain the same pages/data. This is saved to the server.

You then assign Domain Name A to Website A. If you change your mind and then assign Domain Name B to the site, it will stay the same, just with a different domain name.
Tue 23/03/10 at 21:06
Regular
"Music is Life"
Dear NCRS,

Thank you for replying. Yes, I saw that option, but when I change my primary address to my new Website, will all the pages I designed be copied over to the ftp storage area of that Domain ? Both my domains are registered with Freeola. What I am afraid of is I designed my pages on Website a.com for example. Then now I make b.com the primary address. When I click b.com, will it divert me to the pages on a.com ? Which means, on the address bar, it will still show the url path to a.com .

Thank you for your time.

[email protected]

ncrs wrote:
> Pretty straightforward as long as the address you want to
> associate is already in your MyFreeola account. If it is then
> log into your MyFreeola account select Instant Pro Website
> Builder from the left hand navigation, and the select Change
> Primary Address. This will allow you to associate your website
> with any other domain names or website URL's within your
> account.
>
> If the address is not already within the account, I would suggest
> dropping us a support ticket, with the address that you want to
> move to the Instant Pro and we can advise in more detail the
> process required to move a particular address.
Mon 22/03/10 at 09:21
Staff
Pretty straightforward as long as the address you want to associate is already in your MyFreeola account. If it is then log into your MyFreeola account select Instant Pro Website Builder from the left hand navigation, and the select Change Primary Address. This will allow you to associate your website with any other domain names or website URL's within your account.

If the address is not already within the account, I would suggest dropping us a support ticket, with the address that you want to move to the Instant Pro and we can advise in more detail the process required to move a particular address.
Sun 21/03/10 at 20:47
Regular
"Music is Life"
Hello there ! :) I have a website running and wanted to design a new one. So, I used a temporary website address to make my design. I pointed my Instant Pro website builder to this temprary site and built my pages. Once I am happy with the results, I would like to transfer the website pages to my actual website address. Is there anyway of doing this ?

Thank you

Vijay

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.