GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2 demo - where the hell is it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Sat 08/11/03 at 20:13
Regular
from the looks of google searches, there exists no such thing.

why the F*** not?!?!
Sat 08/11/03 at 20:13
Regular
from the looks of google searches, there exists no such thing.

why the F*** not?!?!
Sat 08/11/03 at 20:57
Regular
Yeah! I need to try the demo!
Sat 08/11/03 at 21:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
There is no demo, nor have I heard any news that there will be. However, a common tactic that developers use these days is to release a demo a few weeks after the game has been released, just to give sales that little boost, so it is possible you'll eventually see one.

Either way I'm not bothered, had the game for two weeks, completed it three times and enjoyed every minute of it. It's well worth buying if you don't let that fact that it's pretty short get to you.
Sat 08/11/03 at 21:20
Regular
cipro, what system are you running, and how good is it visually, as in framerate, quality etc.
Sat 08/11/03 at 23:03
Regular
Well Cipro you already know my story, I can't just buy it because everyone else says it good, especially since I didn't like number one. So a demo would really help.
Sun 09/11/03 at 17:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> cipro, what system are you running, and how good is it visually, as in
> framerate, quality etc.

I'm running it well above the recommended system specs, I have:

Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ
512MB RAM
Redeon 9600 PRO

Well above the recommended specs, no slowdown at all with all the details turned up. Graphics look great, character models are excellent although environments haven't changed much from the original. It's not as power hungry game and while it isn't the best looking it's still very much a visual feast, at least where lighting, animation and other slight but great looking effects are concerned.
Sun 09/11/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Lipe wrote:
> especially since I didn't like number one.
---

If you didn't like the 1st one, don't get the 2nd. It's more of the same, with nicer graphics, better slo-motion effects and a continuation of the story.
If you liked Max Payne, you'll love the 2nd.
If you didn't like Max Payne, you'll not like this one either.

Personally I think the Max Payne games are top fun, they give me what I want sometimes - leap in and shoot action that doesn't require tactics, thought or planning.
Just shoot lots and lots people in a very stylised and funky way.
I'm replaying it through for the 3rd time now, as well as Call of Duty.
Excellent games.
Sun 09/11/03 at 19:05
Regular
Goatboy wrote:

> If you didn't like Max Payne, you smell of wee.

that's a bit harsh :)

I loved mp1, and would buy the second, but my pc predates stainless steel, and is therefore a rusty old heap.

perhaps some 0% finance action could be in order.
Sun 09/11/03 at 19:05
Regular
*pre-dates
Sun 09/11/03 at 20:56
Regular
Yes...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.