GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo - what a game, what an ending..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:54
Regular
*SPOILER ALERT*

if you haven't completed halo, shut down your PC NOW!!!

anyway, now that's over...wow!

now that's the kind of ending that only comes once in a century. i mean, it's frantic, fun and dangerous, so nothing is wrong with it - and the end cutscene cleverly leaves the game open to tons of sequels. Xbox owners know that Halo 2 is coming soon, and hopefully to the PC thereafter.

so, what did you all think?
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:54
Regular
*SPOILER ALERT*

if you haven't completed halo, shut down your PC NOW!!!

anyway, now that's over...wow!

now that's the kind of ending that only comes once in a century. i mean, it's frantic, fun and dangerous, so nothing is wrong with it - and the end cutscene cleverly leaves the game open to tons of sequels. Xbox owners know that Halo 2 is coming soon, and hopefully to the PC thereafter.

so, what did you all think?
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:15
"High polygon count"
I got SSSOOOOOOO bored during the multiple, tedious and practically identical Library levels that I never bothered to finish it.

I still have it, though... so maybe one day...
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:15
"High polygon count"
And I bought it with the console at launch!
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, that bit goes on for ages, but once you're past that it's fun all the way. The end levels are a bit easy though.
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:16
"High polygon count"
Err... Xbox, obviously... forgot what forum I was in for a mo! :-)
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> And I bought it with the console at launch!

Ha, I completed it on the PC in about 4 days! I need a life...
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:19
"High polygon count"
monkey_man wrote:
> Yeah, that bit goes on for ages

You're not kidding!

You get through one bit, then... do it again!

I thought it was a bug at first, and that it was giving me the same level over and over!

The only reason I could think of was that they'd run out of ideas but thought the game would be a bit short, and so decided to loop a level over and over!
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Heh, they could have at least stretched out an interesting level. The new multiplayer levels on PC are ace though - more than make up for the 10ish crap ones you get on the console version.
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I played it on XBOX for a while over XMAS (see how I did that?) last year. The levels (notably the idoor ones) were so incredibly tedious, I though the game had gone wrongor something, constantly repeating the same small areas of map time and time again.

It's a pretty game, and plays fluidly, but damn, they'd better emply better level designers if they want me to be interested in the sequel.
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That rolling demo for Halo 2 looked very promising. It was on Earth and it had a city with bridges and roads and stuff. Not as life-like as Half Life 2 - more futuristic and "concrete jungley".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.