GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Best Gaming Week. Ever."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/11/03 at 01:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It really doesn't get better than this. Well, it might if it included the fairer sex, but hey, can't have everything.

Friday: Arrived in London for Gamers' Day 2003, plush hotel, remote control TV, toilet paper in the bathroom, the works.
Saturday: Played Killzone (not due out for a year) and a bunch of great games coming out just before Christmas, courtesy of Sony.
Sunday: Spent the day writing reviews of Gamers' Day for various sites and coping with a roaring hangover.
Monday: Hit level 23 in EverQuest and started to do my level 23 quests, which reward you with great new items and tons of experience points.
Tuesday: Completed my level 23 quests, hit level 24 and won a free copy of Virtua Fighter Evolution, again courtesy of Sony.
Wednesday: Receive an e-mail from the staff writing team at Sony asking me if I'd like to write a regular EverQuest column for Central Station, the online hub of the PS2 online network.
Thursday: Get confirmation that the article I fired off for the first column is fine, it'll be up there sometime in the next week, would I mind sending them more articles every week to a fortnight from now on?

How can I beat a week like this? (Apart from the hangover).
Fri 28/11/03 at 19:21
Regular
Yup. I'm lurking about in them somewhere.
Fri 28/11/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Playstation site have some images of the gamers day up now.

You in any of them FM? :-)
Sat 15/11/03 at 19:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Sunday: Spent the day writing reviews of Gamers' Day for various
> sites

How'd you get that gig then?
Sat 15/11/03 at 17:39
Regular
KR wrote:
> Killzone sounds good, which game looked the best overall?

Killzone, funnily enough. I don't have the write words to descibe it, suffice it to say it's the most sexy game you'll ever see. You'll probably get loads of rolling demo footage from E3 early next year.

2nd best, in my opinion, was Need for Speed: Underground which IGN have just done a glowing review for. Forget the demo that came with OPSM2, when you see the full game running it'll blow you away with it's good looks and fast-paced racing. Not to mention customisation.

3rd best, very surprisingly, was Beyond Good and Evil. This just had so many nice touches to it, and lots of cinematic techniques that just made me think 'wow', that it's now on my 'to get list'. (Read 'Christmas list', there's about 20 titles on it now and I think I'll need more family members if I'm going to get all of them in my stocking).
Sat 15/11/03 at 17:17
Regular
Killzone sounds good, which game looked the best overall?
Sat 15/11/03 at 16:23
Regular
Jeez, you are lucky, and this has all happened because you won some competition in OPSM2 right?

Well at least, i think i remember you saying you did.
Sat 15/11/03 at 11:57
"period drama"
I'd probably say some naughty words if I wasn't speechless with envy. Lucky man.

Just keep all the secret info coming.
Fri 14/11/03 at 20:47
Regular
Beyond Good and Evil and Need for Speed: Underground were both class.
Fri 14/11/03 at 18:29
"LOLLERSKATES!"
where there any really class games at gamers day apart from killzone we should look out for???
Fri 14/11/03 at 18:27
"LOLLERSKATES!"
fantasy meister wrote
>It really doesn't get better than this. Well, it might if it included the fairer sex, but hey, can't have everything.

Friday: Arrived in London for Gamers' Day 2003, plush hotel, remote control TV, toilet paper in the bathroom, the works.
Saturday: Played Killzone (not due out for a year) and a bunch of great games coming out just before Christmas, courtesy of Sony.
Sunday: Spent the day writing reviews of Gamers' Day for various sites and coping with a roaring hangover.
Monday: Hit level 23 in EverQuest and started to do my level 23 quests, which reward you with great new items and tons of experience points.
Tuesday: Completed my level 23 quests, hit level 24 and won a free copy of Virtua Fighter Evolution, again courtesy of Sony.
Wednesday: Receive an e-mail from the staff writing team at Sony asking me if I'd like to write a regular EverQuest column for Central Station, the online hub of the PS2 online network.
Thursday: Get confirmation that the article I fired off for the first column is fine, it'll be up there sometime in the next week, would I mind sending them more articles every week to a fortnight from now on?

How can I beat a week like this? (Apart from the hangover).

lucky you!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.