GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefield 1942 & GeForce FX Problem"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield 1942'.
Fri 14/11/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
I recently bought a Gainward GeForce FX 5200 128mb Graphics Card (along with some other parts), I installed Battlefield 1942 and went to run the game, but all it does is give me a black screen for about 2 seconds and then it puts me back on the desktop with a Windows error beep and no error message. I have routed around on the net and found nothing. Does anyone else have this problem? Or does someone know how to solve this problem?

Please help!
Mon 17/11/03 at 16:57
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
These latest drivers are absolute rubbish. I was playing Tribes 2 with a whopping 20 frames per second inside. I normally get 100+ inside. And 50+ outside. So when I went outside I was getting about 5-10. Not good.
Mon 17/11/03 at 14:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Do you have the latest 1.5 patch installed onto Battlefield? That might fix a few peoblems.
Mon 17/11/03 at 14:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The Dark one wrote:
> I recently bought a Gainward GeForce FX 5200 128mb Graphics Card
> (along with some other parts), I installed Battlefield 1942 and went
> to run the game, but all it does is give me a black screen for about
> 2 seconds and then it puts me back on the desktop with a Windows
> error beep and no error message. I have routed around on the net and
> found nothing. Does anyone else have this problem? Or does someone
> know how to solve this problem?
>
> Please help!

You'll need older geforce drivers.

The latest detonator drivers cause serious problems with the game. The next release of the drivers will correct it, but until then there isn't a fix apart from what I've mentioned.
Sat 15/11/03 at 14:01
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Um, you can find out the version number by going to desktop properties --> settings, advanced, then clikcing the tab that says something like GeForce FX 5200. At the bottom, there's a list box, on the right it gives you some numbers. What are the last 4 numbers on there? For instance mine says:

nv4_disp.dll Display Driver 6.14.10.4523

The useful bit is the 4523.
Sat 15/11/03 at 13:53
Regular
but i didn't like feeling cheated when i had an FX, so i'm just going to say that you really shouldn't accept this.
Sat 15/11/03 at 13:52
Regular
FX - GAH!
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:42
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
Im using the Disk that came with the card, but I have now been able to start playing the game, but now it lets me play for about 20 seconds then is comes up with 'BF1942.exe' error and again puts me back on the desktop.
Fri 14/11/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
What drivers are you using?
Fri 14/11/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
I recently bought a Gainward GeForce FX 5200 128mb Graphics Card (along with some other parts), I installed Battlefield 1942 and went to run the game, but all it does is give me a black screen for about 2 seconds and then it puts me back on the desktop with a Windows error beep and no error message. I have routed around on the net and found nothing. Does anyone else have this problem? Or does someone know how to solve this problem?

Please help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.