GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Parker Live. Welcome to come watch"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/09/01 at 00:32
Regular
My band are playing Thursday 6th (this thursday) at Chinneries in Southend.
Semi-final of battle of the bands competition and blah blah blah.

Funny thing is, we didnt even realise it was a competition, they phoned us up and asked us to play and we said yes.
Turns out we won that round.
Which was nice
Anyhoo, this coming Thursday we grace Southend, 2 other bands "compete" with us and may the best band win.

Also appearing at The Hope & Anchor in Islington in October some-time, can't remember the day. We've played there before and sold it out, the same venue that Black Flag, Helmet, Black Sabbath and..er..Dire Straits played many moons ago.
OK place and the soundman plays Lee Perry & The Upsetters before bands go on.

So come down on Thursday you dirty hippies and watch Goatboy mash his drums and gurn like a muppet.

ROCK 'N ROLL

Damn Dirty Southend
Tue 04/09/01 at 00:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My band are playing Thursday 6th (this thursday) at Chinneries in Southend.
Semi-final of battle of the bands competition and blah blah blah.

Funny thing is, we didnt even realise it was a competition, they phoned us up and asked us to play and we said yes.
Turns out we won that round.
Which was nice
Anyhoo, this coming Thursday we grace Southend, 2 other bands "compete" with us and may the best band win.

Also appearing at The Hope & Anchor in Islington in October some-time, can't remember the day. We've played there before and sold it out, the same venue that Black Flag, Helmet, Black Sabbath and..er..Dire Straits played many moons ago.
OK place and the soundman plays Lee Perry & The Upsetters before bands go on.

So come down on Thursday you dirty hippies and watch Goatboy mash his drums and gurn like a muppet.

ROCK 'N ROLL

Damn Dirty Southend
Tue 04/09/01 at 00:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And playing Chinneries again in October supporting some band called Haven?
(cheers to Singer for just phoning me with that info)

Apparently they're a bit know but not to me.
Anyone know these guys, what they're like etc?
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I would but no way I could ever
Tue 04/09/01 at 16:49
Regular
Give me some more info on the Islington gig when you have it, and I'll get to that.
Tue 04/09/01 at 17:07
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Anytime you want to play the Harlow Square, I'll happily trot down and watch, swiftly avoiding Millennium.
Tue 04/09/01 at 17:11
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Haven are darlings of the Kerrang magazine... i think. If you buy a copy you should be able to find some mention of them... You might even get a write-up in the live reviews section if you're lucky
Tue 04/09/01 at 17:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Haven in Kerrang?

Fair enough.

As for The Square, might be soon. Depends on the nights they have offered if we can swing it.

Millenium...*shudder*
Wed 05/09/01 at 18:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Play in Glasgow... even better Gardenhall Inn, East Kilbride :-D
Wed 05/09/01 at 22:53
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Slight mistake... there is a band called "Will Haven" who featured in Kerrang... but they may also have covered "Haven".

Meanwhile "Haven" got a single review in today's NME and it was actually quite a good one, which by NME standards must make it one of the best songs of the past month. Alternatively they could have been broaching new levels of ironic reviewing, which is typically NME.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.