GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Edge give MKDD 5 out of 10 ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Sun 16/11/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Not sure if it's a rumour or true/in the latest issue, wouldn't surprise me knowing them.
Apparently they've based their score on just the single player part of the game.

I've never bought an issue of Edge and don't see that changing, good job MKDD isn't on the PS2 or it would have got an ever lower score .......
Tue 18/11/03 at 17:18
Regular
"you've got a beard"
whether you like RedEye or not, ya gotta love Dr Gonzo's satire of him...
that was class!!!!

(for the record, i'm an Edge reader. i wonder if anyone will bother to come back and make this much of a fuss if MK:DD gets a 9??)
Tue 18/11/03 at 13:25
"slightlyshortertagl"
RedEye rocks.
Tue 18/11/03 at 12:52
"Darkness, always"
guy sounds like a gimmicky tard put in to make kids think they're learning something special...
Tue 18/11/03 at 11:33
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Mattribute wrote:
> I'm sorry, but redeye is crap? Hah.

Red Eye sits down at his computer and wonders what guff he can type this month. Another article about how too many people go to ECTS? No, Red Eye remembers it's only about two months since he did his regular one of those.
Red Eye puffs on a cigarette and dreams of being in film noir. Hell, Red Eye's so cool he doesn't tell people his name. The chicks love Red Eye.
Oh yeah, Red Eye remembers he should be writing about video games. But Red Eye can't just do that like a normal person, oh no, because he is Red Eye. Controversial... controversial... controversial... what can Red Eye say this month that's needlessly controversial...
Computer games should be more like post. I was talking to an INDUSTRY INSIDER and he agreed. The INDUSTRY INSIDERs love Red Eye. He's a vigilante with a devil may care attitude. The chicks love Red Eye. Video games...
Yeah, computer games, there're not as good as they used to be. Red Eye wonder's if its his month for nostalgia to show how long he's been in the industry or controversially saying games have never been better. Red Eye remembers walking past GAME last weekend on his way to some hyper cool event so he remembers some of the modern game names. Yeah, games have never been better. Red Eye met up with an INDUSTY INSIDER at a really cool INDUSTRY PARTY, with girls and everything... the ladies love Red Eye... computer games. Red Eye and INDUSTRY INSIDER agreed that Barry Hawks Pro Skater 2003 was a great game. Changes the face of everything.
Oh! Controversial. You want to know my name so you can have a controversial argument with me? I'll never tell, because Red Eye is just too cool and THE MAN will probably want to get Red Eye if he finds out the rouge that says this stuff loosely connected to video games every month.
Tue 18/11/03 at 08:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Again, EDGE reviews are the let down of the magazine
Tue 18/11/03 at 01:52
Regular
Mario Kart is good, but it's not as good as Soccer Slam.

But that's hardly a put down. :-)
Tue 18/11/03 at 00:39
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Mattribute wrote:
> People who buy EDGE, on a whole, aren't usually stupid enough to be
> swayed by a review, however retarded.

People who buy Edge have probably been stung by following their advice in the past. I've wasted a lot of money buying games that looked good, got good reviews in Edge, and sucked more than is believable? F1 World Grand Prix 8/10? 8 out of 10 threw their copies away perhaps, that game was an unplayable mess. I've learnt the hard way not to trust Edge reviews, although the rest of the magazine is often quite interesting.
Mon 17/11/03 at 17:04
Regular
"tokyo police club"
People who buy EDGE, on a whole, aren't usually stupid enough to be swayed by a review, however retarded.

Hurrah for sweeping generalisations, as one prophet once said
Mon 17/11/03 at 12:39
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
In the same issue they gave Broken Sword 9 out of 10, know which I'd rather play.
Mon 17/11/03 at 11:14
Regular
Edge bore me at times.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.