GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Episode 1 why the hell did they do it"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/09/01 at 17:07
Regular
Episode 1 was an ok film and i bought it for my brother when it was released thing that it wouldn't come out on DVD as George Lucas had said but here we are a year and a half later and the DVD is coming crammed with extra footage 6 hours of extra footage why, why, WHY did it take them so long and why did they not tell us about it sooner i think this is grosely unfair. Any other opinions
Sun 02/09/01 at 17:07
Episode 1 was an ok film and i bought it for my brother when it was released thing that it wouldn't come out on DVD as George Lucas had said but here we are a year and a half later and the DVD is coming crammed with extra footage 6 hours of extra footage why, why, WHY did it take them so long and why did they not tell us about it sooner i think this is grosely unfair. Any other opinions
Sun 02/09/01 at 17:12
Regular
leprachauns are people too
Sun 02/09/01 at 17:34
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Do you want a more complicated answer than "to get your money"?

By the way, I guarantee you there will be another Episode One DVD with even more extras at some point. Just so you don't get annoyed in six years when its announced...

Has anyone suggested that you don't have to buy both? Or is that just too logical?
Sun 02/09/01 at 17:58
Regular
Theres also the fact that it took Lucasfilm ages to fill the film with CGI, and they have filled the cut scenes with CGI as well, so logically it's going to take some time. And no-ones going to force you to buy the DVD, although I will, even though I've got the video.

And where did leprechauns come into it, mystique?!
Sun 02/09/01 at 19:21
AND THEN wrote:
> Episode 1 was an ok film and i bought it for my brother when it was
> released thing that it wouldn't come out on DVD as George Lucas had
> said but here we are a year and a half later and the DVD is coming
> crammed with extra footage 6 hours of extra footage why, why, WHY
> did it take them so long and why did they not tell us about it
> sooner i think this is grosely unfair. Any other opinions

i think they did cause they wanted to
Sun 02/09/01 at 20:08
Regular
Stryke wrote:

And where did leprechauns come into it, mystique?!

the dude asked for opinions
Sun 02/09/01 at 20:13
Regular
i'm gonna wait until the whole saga is released in one box set...by time that happens my trilogy set ans episode 1 videos will be worn out
you know its gonna happen and when it does what a humm-dinger its gonna be!!!
Sun 02/09/01 at 20:50
Regular
Ah. Opinions. I got plenty of those. Lets start with...

Star Trek pales in comparison to Star Wars. Don't argue. You know I'm right.
Sun 02/09/01 at 20:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think its going to be awesome seeing Episode I on DVD soon - I already have it order knowing that it will be released again one day as a whole box set!! That really is going to be awesome!! But in the mean time Episode I will do just nicely, even though I have it twice on VHS!!
Sun 02/09/01 at 21:06
Regular
You have it twice on VHS? The point in that, if you please? Good idea though :). You never can have enough Star Wars stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.