GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MKDD - Bowsers Castle"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Wed 26/11/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Not many MKDD topics near the top of the list which is a shame, anyway a challenge to all you good players, I have just watched a video of 3 laps totalling 2:31:340 (Jap recorded is 2.29.420) if any of you can get near those times you should shout it out loud, I'm down to 2.46.xxx but haven't played MKDD since Saturday.

I guess you all know the obvious little shortcut by the way (it only saves around 3 seconds a lap before you get excited)
Mon 01/12/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
similar thing with F-Zero GX, you can fly over most tracks but have to pass some invisible "checkpoints"
Mon 01/12/03 at 12:55
Regular
Has anyone else tried driving around in circles on Luigi Circuit as soon as you start? I did then realise you have to go over both jumps for the lap to count. Which is unfair (ish).
Mon 01/12/03 at 12:50
Regular
Lol, ah just got the gold kart :D I've done all cups on all engine levels now I just need to unlock all the staff ghosts :D Yay!
Mon 01/12/03 at 12:49
Regular
Yeah, got that a bit wrong :-D
Mon 01/12/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Rickoss wrote:

> I also found out that the second shortcut slows you down. Because I
> changed my route I got 2:25:xxx, although I could probably get better
> because I did crap on the first lap. Oh, and i beat the staff ghost
> :-D

2.25.xxx, guess you mean 1.25.xxx unless your new route involved driving backwards ?
Mon 01/12/03 at 12:13
Regular
Bah, silly staff ghost. How do I get the gold kart?
Mon 01/12/03 at 11:12
Regular
You just have to perfect the first shortcut, really. Sliding around the big corners is speeded up a lot if you try to make sure your front wheels are just touching the sand.

I also found out that the second shortcut slows you down. Because I changed my route I got 2:25:xxx, although I could probably get better because I did crap on the first lap. Oh, and i beat the staff ghost :-D
Mon 01/12/03 at 11:06
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Luigi circuit is one I always struggle on, any non-obvious tips ?
Sun 30/11/03 at 11:13
Regular
Bah! Had a few goes on Luigi Circuit and unlocked the staff ghost. I was first for the whole of the race and then he beat me on the last straight. Bah.

Anyway, my time is 1:26:xxx, which is alright.
Sun 30/11/03 at 11:04
Regular
Bah, puts my time to shame :( Rossi maybe your should start a league table on your site so everyone can upload their times, I dunno, just a thought, probably very hard work though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.