GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any Counter Strike players on SR?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter Strike'.
Sat 29/11/03 at 11:49
Regular
I was thinking (inspired by Cyclone's halo thing) we could have a good SR server going for a laugh.

No Americans, No fags singing down the microphone and non of this "1337" business. It'd just be us guys from SR having a couple of games on counter strike.

So whaddaya say?

What map?
Thu 11/12/03 at 08:13
Regular
On Counter-strike.net it looks like you can download the full retail version. I'm assuming you won't need HL to play that then?

I have an old HL Generation pack but when I try and play CS, it tells me I need to upgrade. I choose to upgrade and the sodding thing doesn't work! Whenever I look for the patch(es), I'm always taken to gamespy, woh you need to register with and it's all just too much hassle.

Will Steam take all that crappiness and hassle out and let me play 'out-of-the-box'?

Bloody hope so. I miss that game...
Wed 10/12/03 at 19:10
Regular
Well...it's a Half-Life Mod but now the game is so big they made a retail version but then if you buy that, it means your paying for Counter-Strike.
Wed 10/12/03 at 19:00
Regular
someone on the xbox forum said it was independant from HL now (as in you dont need HL). Perhaps he was lying
Wed 10/12/03 at 17:56
"just a little b*gge"
If it's on PC i'm ready
Wed 10/12/03 at 17:31
Regular
You can download CS for free yes.

But you'll need a legal half life disc and an unused CDkey for it to work on steam.
Wed 10/12/03 at 16:47
Regular
Someone said you can download CS free, where? At the moment I'm only playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Excellent free game play it lots, hmm might play it now actually. I dont think anyone on SR plays it mind
Sat 06/12/03 at 18:23
Regular
Nah, BT is actually quite good.
Sat 06/12/03 at 18:12
Regular
"Teal'c"
Bittorrent smells.
Sat 06/12/03 at 18:09
Regular
Nah, Stay in and play cs!! Looks like we'll have 4 or 5 so we'll need a smaller map, no Aztec then! :P
Sat 06/12/03 at 17:36
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Put me down as a tentative (might be going out yet). :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.