GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worth 5 minutes of anyones time ... !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/02/07 at 22:05
Regular
If you have a bank account and have been charged for going overdrawn, direct debits being rejected, whatever ... read this :

[URL]http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632[/URL]

and this :

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6170209.stm[/URL]

Someone may have posted it before, or not, doesn't matter really ... if anyone has missed it and has a good chance of making a claim then it's worth me posting it.

I've had countless hundreds of pounds taken from me due to going overdrawn by £5 here, a tenner there, over the years. I'm willing to bet there's a substantial amount of my hard earned money lining some rich assh**** pocket, and I intend to try and get it all, or as much as I can, back.

It seems to be a very grey area with regards to legality and success, but if you read both of those articles, the results sound very promising.

So, I'm just putting the finishing touches to a letter addressed to my bank manager, if all goes well I could be looking at a decent payout. At the worst I'll get my account closed ... not the end of the world. These charges are in most cases totally unfair and disproportional to the 'costs' the bank are incurring.

Enjoy reading and good luck to those who choose to act on the advice! :)
Mon 05/03/07 at 01:53
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
What if you went overdrawn by 50 quid and they charged you 250.00? Is that ok?

My argument is that my other bank don't let me go overdawn so why does my current account met me even when they told me I can go overdrawn as long as the money is in my account within 3 days?
Mon 05/03/07 at 00:07
Regular
Here you go Borat, now they want to fine people for being in credit =S

click
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:59
Regular
lol yes I remember that being in the news. Yeah just because you're a bank doesnt mean you're above the law. If you dont pay your court fees then why not send the baliffs in. They would if you owed them money.

I wish I could have seen the looks on the customers faces when these baliffs come in and start collecting the computers ^^ apparently the bank manager paid them off and the guy finally got his money back =D

Hopefully they've learnt their lesson. =)
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:55
Regular
What made me laugh was that someone actually sent the bailiffs in ... to a bank(!) ... because they were faffing about not coughing up the money.

Sending bailiffs ... to a bank. One can only dream of how satisfying that would be.

I'd want to be there as they walked in ...
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:53
Regular
Yep.

They'll try anything to slow the process down, they even complain that they're getting too many refund claims and need more time to go through them all. They dont give us extra time to pay our bills do they? Why should we give them it.

£12 charges is still far too high, it should be atleast under £5, not a penny more.
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:43
Regular
Aye, and all going to line the pockets of rich shareholders.
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:42
Regular
smegging hell, the worst time to take the money from you aswell. Well it must have come as a big relief to see that you're getting it all bank now because it ticked me off losing £48 for a late and overdrawn payment. £120, that would have paid off half my CC bill.

No wonder Barclaycard have reported billions of profit last year. All these bloody penalty charges to get more money who might be struggling with it.
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:38
Regular
I'd say it's in the region of a grand, though I can't be that sure. It may be much more, but I very much doubt it's less. During my period of unemployment late last year they took about 2-300 quid off me. That's just a few months. Over 6 years ....

Scumbags.
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:37
Regular
Do you know how much they might owe you? Dont forget any charges you're getting now, can be included. I thought £24 a charge was a lot but I think some banks have charged even more. It's a joke I'm so glad we're all getting the money back.

I'm sure the money would come in handy if you total it up to £200+ =D

Still cant believe some people have had charges of up to £1000s and with several banks/cards too.
Fri 02/03/07 at 19:32
Regular
I sent them a letter and a cheque for 10 squid. All the info and letter templates are on that moneysavingexpert site, so all I have to do now is wait for them to pull their fingers out. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.