GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LORD OF THE RINGS .v. HARRY POTTER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/08/01 at 15:58
Regular
Is everyone ready for this coming battle? I know they are not being released together, but they will undoubtably be compared against one another when they do arrive. Does anyone have an opinion now?

Also, can we stem the tide of merchandising which is about to engulf us linked to these films???
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:58
"The pen is mightier"
Is everyone ready for this coming battle? I know they are not being released together, but they will undoubtably be compared against one another when they do arrive. Does anyone have an opinion now?

Also, can we stem the tide of merchandising which is about to engulf us linked to these films???
Thu 30/08/01 at 16:04
Regular
i wont bother with harry potter...never read it and i dont intend to....Lord of the Rings! HO YEAH!
Thu 30/08/01 at 18:42
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!

Sean Bean is in it and that's all that matters.

:)
Thu 30/08/01 at 19:12
Regular
"Whatever!"
I reckon Harry Potter will be more enjoyable, after reading the four novels - Lord of the Rings Im sure will be great but Im just finding the book a little hard going at the moment!! I am however looking forward to the film!!
Thu 30/08/01 at 19:43
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean
Thu 30/08/01 at 19:48
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
The Harry Potter film will probably make some kids go and see The Fellowship of the Ring who may not have gone to see it otherwise. Their interest in all things fantasy may be reignited to the point where they want that little bit more - and get something which (hopefully) will be very special indeed.

Harry Potter will be a massive film, possibly even record breaking in this country. It's success will be short lived though. The Fellowship in the Ring is going to take some serious dosh!

Has anyone seen the first trailer for FOTR? All the others have been for the trilogy in general but there is one now which is for the first film alone. Although it's not always best to judge a film by it's trailer it does look to have got everything right so far.

I think we might be in for a very enjoyable 165 minutes (roughly).
Thu 30/08/01 at 20:31
Regular
Mattyboy wrote:
> I reckon Harry Potter will be more enjoyable, after reading the four
> novels - Lord of the Rings Im sure will be great but Im just finding
> the book a little hard going at the moment!! I am however looking
> forward to the film!!

You're finding reading the greatest book ever written hard? Try harder!j/k. It is a bit hard going to start with.
Thu 30/08/01 at 20:36
Regular
Actually, I think both films should be good. I'm not really a Harry Potter fan, but look at some of the actors involved. Richard Harris, Alan Rickman and John Cleese are a few. Then you've got LOTR, which has some of the great actors too. Christopher Lee, Sir Ian McKellen and Sean Bean. Both should prove to be amazing films. Will they eclipse films like JP and Episode I is earning power though?
Thu 30/08/01 at 20:41
Regular
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean
> Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean

does Someone have an obsession with sean bean?
Thu 30/08/01 at 23:03
"The pen is mightier"
Mystique wrote:
> The_Vottanator wrote:
> Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean
> Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean
> Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean
> Sean Bean Sean Bean Sean Bean

does Someone have an obsession
> with sean bean?

It certainly looks that way...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.