GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FAD Idea......or is it BAD idea?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/08/01 at 18:55
Regular
Okay, I’ve got an idea for FAD. You know how you can only claim a FAD for 19.99 or less. Well, could you not let people claim any DVD they want but if it’s over 19.99, then they could send the extra money in the post. I know it would only be a couple of pounds but there are so many good double disc DVDs that people can’t claim. Hannibal, Silence of the Lambs, Terminator 1&2, The Abyss, CastAway, Braveheart, Fight Club. There are loads of them.

I don’t know how it would work but I’m sure you can think of something. Maybe people who want a more expensive DVD could claim their prize through the post, sending the extra money and they could also send an e mail confirming it.

This would be great if it worked.

:)
Tue 28/08/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Okay, I’ve got an idea for FAD. You know how you can only claim a FAD for 19.99 or less. Well, could you not let people claim any DVD they want but if it’s over 19.99, then they could send the extra money in the post. I know it would only be a couple of pounds but there are so many good double disc DVDs that people can’t claim. Hannibal, Silence of the Lambs, Terminator 1&2, The Abyss, CastAway, Braveheart, Fight Club. There are loads of them.

I don’t know how it would work but I’m sure you can think of something. Maybe people who want a more expensive DVD could claim their prize through the post, sending the extra money and they could also send an e mail confirming it.

This would be great if it worked.

Tue 28/08/01 at 19:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
A logistical nightmare, both from our point of view, yours and data processings. It wouldn't work, and I don't really want people sending money through the post for prizes either. Sorry. The prize system is changing, so keep your eyes peeled.
Tue 28/08/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Fair enough.

Tue 28/08/01 at 21:13
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Hey Snuggly, willing to elaborate on this "changing" of prize givings?
Fri 31/08/01 at 09:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
All will be revealed, later today...
Fri 31/08/01 at 09:52
Regular
"not dead"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> All will be revealed, later today...

How much later, before I leave work at 3ish?
Fri 31/08/01 at 09:53
"High polygon count"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> All will be revealed, later today...

But enough about your personal life... what about the changes to the prize system?

:-)
Fri 31/08/01 at 10:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oooo, changes.

Except a lot of complaining and sour lips from whatever the changes are.
Unless the system is "Free stuff for everyone each day", there will always be those that pout.
Fri 31/08/01 at 10:41
Regular
"not dead"
Goatboy wrote:
> Oooo, changes.

Except a lot of complaining and sour lips from
> whatever the changes are.
Unless the system is "Free stuff for
> everyone each day", there will always be those that pout.

I can't wait for all of the Kevin the Teenagers to crawl out of their shell(suit)s again and start their damned moaning about how it's not fait because they don't get free stuff for doing very little.

Hell, I may even compose one myself!
Fri 31/08/01 at 10:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Damn Dirty Teens

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.