GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero GX Brand New : only £16.99 :)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well that's all I paid for it anyways!

LOL!

Good luck to anyone else trying to find that bargain of the year!!!

Was going round town with the misses and her cousin+daughter. Went into WHSmiths, so thought I'd have a look for that Zelda bonus disk, see if it was about (even though I don't think I'll buy it anyways as tbh I can't see the point!). Anyways, was looking at the Cube games and at the front of a row was F-Zero with a £16.99 price sticker on it. I looked at it, and had a glance at all the other games aroudn. Nope, everything else was priced £39.99! Thought this was strange. You know in Smiths all the games are in those plastic boxes? Well so was this. I could see the price on the inside said £39.99 as did every other copy of F-Zero, but on the 'outside' was a little sticker saying £16.99! Picked the game up, had a look aroud and spotted a employee helping some kid try to find a copy of Need For Speed Undergroud on Cube.

I asked her "This has a price sticker on it saying 16.99! All the other copies don't, so is this actually 16.99?"

reply "It will probably scan through at the till to be £39.99 but if you say there's a price label showing £16.99 they will have to sell me it for that price."

This is a myth within the consumer rights! I've been in shops before where the wrong sticker has been on, and you get to the till and they just tell you to bog-off, and charge you the right price.

Anyways, decided to try my luck at the till. Handed it over saying there was this price sticker on, so how much is it. Scanned through to be £39.99 I said, some sales assistant over their said it would scan through to be £39.99 but as there's a sticker on it saying £16.99 it would have to be sold for that price. Sales person wasn't entirely sure, so quickly asked the person next to her who said ring some other person. She did and was told she would have to override the price to be the £16.99

mwahahahahah! So I got a brand new copy of F-Zero GX for only £16.99!

I am happy!

:D
Wed 17/12/03 at 00:37
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Nice deal :o)
Tue 16/12/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
maddmun wrote:
> Hmmm, if I recall correctly, trading standards state that it doesn't
> have to be sold for the price on the label, so, you got lucky.
>
> These people should learn theirTrading Standards law.
>
> If somethin like that stated it had to be osld for that price, what
> would stop people putting £10 prices on new games?

But what's to stop shops putting low prices on stuff to make you want it, you get to the counter and find it's £5 more or something, and after queueing for ages you feel obliged to buy it!

That's the whole point about shops having to sell stuff to the price on the label, because that is the 'advertised' price. They would be done for false advertising if they didn't sell you it at the label price.

To stop people sticking the wrong label on, some shops have labels that are made up of 3 or more parts, to stop people being able to peel them off easily and stick them on something else.

Smiths should adopt those labels if they don't want this to happen again!

:)
Mon 15/12/03 at 19:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
They could have refused the sale. From what I know they have to sell it to you at the price, or they can just refuse to sell it at all...

Hmmmmmmm.
Mon 15/12/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Two weeks ago I bought a second hand copy of F-Zero for £20 but turned out that I didn't like it, so I took it to another store and got a £25 trade for it.

:)
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:59
Regular
Hmmm, if I recall correctly, trading standards state that it doesn't have to be sold for the price on the label, so, you got lucky.

These people should learn theirTrading Standards law.

If somethin like that stated it had to be osld for that price, what would stop people putting £10 prices on new games?
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:58
Regular
Rebel Strike is half price on the *cough, cough* GAME website

Be quick though people, it ends in 7 Hours and 3 Mins
Mon 15/12/03 at 14:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Actually, a steering wheel.

But then on the update of the 'ship, I got two games - Sim City 3000 and C&C double pack. So it made up for it.
Mon 15/12/03 at 14:23
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Same, except 19 free instead of 31.
>
> And the cost of a membership.

In which you got a free game... I hope.
Mon 15/12/03 at 10:54
Regular
> mwahahahahah! So I got a brand new copy of F-Zero GX for only
> £16.99!
>
> I am happy!
>
> :D

You shoiuld be happy, that was a cheap price for such a fantastic game
Mon 15/12/03 at 09:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Same, except 19 free instead of 31.

And the cost of a membership.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.