GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Footie games- who's champions league and who's LDV Vans trophy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Wipe me dry!!"
I've had nearly every Fifa football game since 1996 on the megadrive, but after hearing people talk, this year i went for Pro Evolution Soccer 3. Good choice? Who is the Real Madrid of the footy world?
Mon 15/12/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Wipe me dry!!"
I've had nearly every Fifa football game since 1996 on the megadrive, but after hearing people talk, this year i went for Pro Evolution Soccer 3. Good choice? Who is the Real Madrid of the footy world?
Mon 15/12/03 at 12:15
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I'll have you know the LDV vans Trophy is a very respectable cup...as it happens we are in the Northen Semi's too...ahem.

Pro Evo 3 is best, by the way.
Mon 15/12/03 at 13:06
"High polygon count"
Kick Off 2 on the Amiga.
Tue 16/12/03 at 23:59
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
> I'll have you know the LDV vans Trophy is a very respectable cup...as
> it happens we are in the Northen Semi's too...ahem.
>
> Pro Evo 3 is best, by the way.

We were cheated out of the Southern Semi's.

We were cheated out of a win against Mansfield tonight. The ref gave two pointless penalties. The first on 72 mins which they pulled back to 2-2 and the second on the 90th, which obviously killed us. :c(
Wed 17/12/03 at 01:23
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Kick Off 2 on the Amiga.

The Plastic pitch on there was quality, but SWOS on the Amiga is GOD.
Wed 17/12/03 at 05:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Don or†ega wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Kick Off 2 on the Amiga.
>
> The Plastic pitch on there was quality, but SWOS on the Amiga is GOD.

Never a truer thing said. SWOS owns everything and always will do. In this one instance i will quite happily admit i am a big SWOS fanboy. Unfortunately my Uncle took his Amiga back so now i have to make do with a crappy emulated version playing on my keyboard, which is damn near impossible
Wed 17/12/03 at 10:33
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Don't talk silly.

PES3 is the best football game there is at the moment, until a newer, better version is released.

Retro gaming is fine, and will hold many happy memories for all gamers through the years, but really SWOS is not even close to PES3.

Games will always improve. (not always the case, but generally most do)

We wondered how they could improve on FIFA 97 on the megadrive, i remember that being the best football game ever!!!!
Matchday II even on the speccy was great, "you can head it" were the joyous crys.

But you go play em now and you'll be crying out for the photo realistic Real Madrid that is PES3, after just 1 game of the blocky monochrome sprites of Ritman Rovers.

Games designers will always improve aswel as consoles, the best games are always the newest versions.

P.S. SWFC for the LDV cup!
Wed 17/12/03 at 10:38
Regular
"360: swfcman"
oasismark wrote:

>
> P.S. SWFC for the LDV cup!

You know its true!

Up the Owls!
Wed 17/12/03 at 10:39
"Darkness, always"
Sensible Soccer games were all crap.
Wed 17/12/03 at 11:24
Regular
No, i still play SWOS every year over the summer becasue its a class game. I find quite amusing that many gamers worry more abut the colour of a footballers boots or the design of the football rather than the actual game itself.

Sure, PES3 is closer to the real thing than SWOS which makes it a better realistic game but it doesnt make it a more enjoyable game.

I'm still playing SWOS nearly a decade after it first came out. Thats how you can tell if a game truly is a classic. I went back and played Fifa 97 not too along ago it was complete tripe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.