GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend That Isn't Quite A Legend - 1............Benicio Del Toro"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/08/01 at 21:14
Regular
Recently, I was trying to think of how many films I have seen this guy in and I could only think of 3. The Usual Suspects, Traffic and.......I forget the last one. However, after reading what it says about him, I have found out that he was in a James Bond film. License to Kill with Timothy Dalton (the retard).

Oh, Snatch. That was the third film I thought of.

In all these 3 films though, I have never heard him talk in his normal voice. You hear him talk in his normal voice in an interview on the Snatch DVD but that is the only time I have ever heard him talk like this.

Anyway, he is a great actor. I can't remember whether he one an oscar or not for his role as Javier Rodriguez in Traffic. I know he was nominated but did he get the oscar or not? I seem to remember something about Michael Cane but I can't remember whether it was this year or last year.

(I think I'll do a series of these topics about good actors who aren't REALLY well known, hence the 1 in the topic title)
Sun 26/08/01 at 21:14
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Recently, I was trying to think of how many films I have seen this guy in and I could only think of 3. The Usual Suspects, Traffic and.......I forget the last one. However, after reading what it says about him, I have found out that he was in a James Bond film. License to Kill with Timothy Dalton (the retard).

Oh, Snatch. That was the third film I thought of.

In all these 3 films though, I have never heard him talk in his normal voice. You hear him talk in his normal voice in an interview on the Snatch DVD but that is the only time I have ever heard him talk like this.

Anyway, he is a great actor. I can't remember whether he one an oscar or not for his role as Javier Rodriguez in Traffic. I know he was nominated but did he get the oscar or not? I seem to remember something about Michael Cane but I can't remember whether it was this year or last year.

(I think I'll do a series of these topics about good actors who aren't REALLY well known, hence the 1 in the topic title)
Sun 26/08/01 at 21:46
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
Javier Rodriquez Rodriquez.....

Traffic is brilliant, got it the other day.

I suppose you could do one of these about someone like Arnold Schwarzneger, becasue no ones heard of him! :-)
Sun 26/08/01 at 21:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
In fact, that's a really good idea. I may have to do that. Or maybe Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. Or even Xander Berkely or Luis Guzman.

:)
Tue 28/08/01 at 14:55
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Del Toro is the best thing in Traffic by a long long way. He's a great actor and was also in The way of the Gun.. it's something like that, wasn't too well received by critics but as I've not seen it I don't know how he measured up.

Apparently he actually had a script in the usual suspects but decided it would be cool to give Fenster a completely unintelligible voice. Damn good decision, he's a classic character.

Fenster:Knock, knock, can you hear at the back? I say I'll flip yo
Cop:what?!
Fenster:Flip ya for real

Del Toro is a legend in my eyes.
Tue 28/08/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Frankie: How mach do you vant for it?
Borris: Nating
Frankie: So, vat do u vant for it?
Borris: There is a fight coming up in couple of days.
Frankie: Vat kind of a fight?
Borris: Unlicenced boxing. I know a bookie who takes bets.
Frankie: Vy don't you place the bet yourself?
Borris: There are not many bookies which take this sort of a bet. And I already have an outstanding debt. I know samthing most don't.
Frankie: So now, vat do you know?

-Snatch

Fenster: They treat me like a criminal.
Hockney: You are a criminal.
Fenster: Why d'yo have to go and do that. Tryin' to make a point.
Keaton: Well, why don't ya make yar point. You're makin' me tired all over.

-Usual Suspects

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.