GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gam3-Pad"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/12/03 at 11:27
Regular
"There isn't anything innovative about Super Mario Sunshine. What is innovative about Super Mario Sunshine is..."

Gam3-Pad's nasal middle aged wannabe-trendy presenter writes poor reviews, states the obvious or what people want to hear, and from the last show I saw, she gets it regularly from Nvidia.

Obviously I saw it as a repeat on some channel I found on freeview called FTN, for they were reviewing Sunshine as a new game, but I seriously won't be watching it for expert reviews on games, but for the sheer entertainment it provides. I was half expecting a clown to throw a pie.
Tue 23/12/03 at 09:58
Regular
Does anyone watch GamerWeb?
Mon 22/12/03 at 12:39
Regular
She used to write pretty well for Digitiser.

Perhaps now she's presenting she's got to read "studio" reviews, or something...
Sun 21/12/03 at 12:34
Regular
She gave her producer some stimulation and he gave her a chance.

That's my only explanation for it.
Sun 21/12/03 at 12:03
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Yeah, Game-Pad's pretty rubbish.
>
> The presenter has awful taste in games and really can't write
> reviews.

And her clothes look like someone has just puked up candyfloss over her...
Sun 21/12/03 at 11:10
Regular
Yeah, Game-Pad's pretty rubbish.

The presenter has awful taste in games and really can't write reviews.
Sun 21/12/03 at 08:58
Regular
Gamer Web!!!

Channel 268 Mon-Friday 5-7PM

I say no more, great program, and its live!
Fri 19/12/03 at 12:12
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Yikes Gamesville is ok in small parts but the challenge that they have goes on and on and on *yawn* and that welsh games-guru !! enough said :P

I thought i'd been watching Gamesmaster since the 80's... maybe it just seems that long since i first loaded up a Sega Master System and up popped a pre-loaded version of Alex Kidd!! classic stuff :D
Fri 19/12/03 at 12:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
gamesmaster is ace! :)
and 20 years?!?!? you have a VERY fast clock mate, it's only been 11.. (eurgh! now i feel old! :) )

Game-pad is alright i suppose....
it's certainly the best games show we have at present. that's not saying it's good, just the best we have at the moment..
let us bow our heads and give thanks that it isn't Gamezville....
Fri 19/12/03 at 12:03
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
But because she is female she can carry off the show with statements like those as not many gamers would assume a woman of her age would be clued into gaming anyway :)

As far as the show goes its ok tho... theres still not alot of variety for video gaming shows on TV so its a welcome respite to see anything... well almost anything that is... im sticking by what i said about Gamesmaster :P
Fri 19/12/03 at 11:59
Regular
She's biased, knows little about games, and comes out with statements like, "ooh, developers like using lighting effects a lot"

Well, duh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.