GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Easter Eggs..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/08/01 at 18:43
Regular
I was looking on the net and I have archived all of these DVD Easter Eggs for you all. Apparently, all have been tested.

Gladiator.

Hidden Chicken Run Movie Trailer
On disc 2, Bonus Materials, select “More” at the bottom of the first Special Features menu screen and press X. At the second Special Features menu screen, select “Trailers and TV Spots” and press X. Highlight “Theatrical Teaser” and then press Left—the eagle-shaped emblem on Richard Harris’s chest should turn red. Press X to start a hidden preview trailer for Chicken Run set to the music of Gladiator.

Hidden Deleted Rhino Scene Info
On disc 2, Bonus Materials, select “More” at the bottom of the first Special Features menu screen and press X. At the second Special Features menu screen, select “Original Storyboards,” press X, and then go to “More” at the bottom of the screen. At the second Storyboards menu screen, highlight “Rhino Fight” under Deleted Sequences, press X, and, at the storyboard screen, press Up—the rhino on the middle storyboard should turn gray. Press X to access the hidden menu, “What happened to the Rhino?,” which includes more information on this scene that was ultimately deleted from the movie.

Magnolia.

Hidden Bloopers
At the main menu, select Set-Up, and then select Color Bars. After about 20 seconds, the color bars will disappear and eight minutes of bloopers will play.

Terminator 2.

Unlock Extended Special Edition
At the main menu, select Special Edition, then select Play Special Edition. When the film begins, press Select to access the onscreen DVD menu. Choose Go to Title and enter 03. If you entered the code correctly, the Extended Special Edition of Terminator 2 will play, including Chapter 78, a never-before-seen sequence of an elderly Sarah Connor in Earth’s future.

Three Kings.

TV Spot and Web Site Passwords
TV Spot:
At the main menu, select Special Features, then select Production Notes. At the Production Notes screen, select Origins, then press Up, and an orange grenade appears. Press X to go to the next screen, then press X again to start the hidden TV Spot.

Web Site Password 1:
At the Special Features menu, select Cast & Crew. Press Up, and an orange grenade appears. Press X, and you are given a password to be used at the Three Kings Events Web site.

Web Site Password 2:
At the Special Features menu, select Continue twice to get to the final menu. Press Down, Down, Down, and an orange grenade appears. Press X, and you are given another password to be used at the Three Kings Events Web site.

Toy Story 2.

Hidden Animation Daily
On disc 3, Supplemental Features, select Toy Story 2 at the Supplemental Material screen. At the Supplemental Material menu, select Story. At the Story screen, select Jessie’s Song. At the Jessie’s Song screen, press Left. A question mark will appear on the left side of the screen. Press X to view the hidden animated scene from Toy Story 2.
Fri 24/08/01 at 18:43
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I was looking on the net and I have archived all of these DVD Easter Eggs for you all. Apparently, all have been tested.

Gladiator.

Hidden Chicken Run Movie Trailer
On disc 2, Bonus Materials, select “More” at the bottom of the first Special Features menu screen and press X. At the second Special Features menu screen, select “Trailers and TV Spots” and press X. Highlight “Theatrical Teaser” and then press Left—the eagle-shaped emblem on Richard Harris’s chest should turn red. Press X to start a hidden preview trailer for Chicken Run set to the music of Gladiator.

Hidden Deleted Rhino Scene Info
On disc 2, Bonus Materials, select “More” at the bottom of the first Special Features menu screen and press X. At the second Special Features menu screen, select “Original Storyboards,” press X, and then go to “More” at the bottom of the screen. At the second Storyboards menu screen, highlight “Rhino Fight” under Deleted Sequences, press X, and, at the storyboard screen, press Up—the rhino on the middle storyboard should turn gray. Press X to access the hidden menu, “What happened to the Rhino?,” which includes more information on this scene that was ultimately deleted from the movie.

Magnolia.

Hidden Bloopers
At the main menu, select Set-Up, and then select Color Bars. After about 20 seconds, the color bars will disappear and eight minutes of bloopers will play.

Terminator 2.

Unlock Extended Special Edition
At the main menu, select Special Edition, then select Play Special Edition. When the film begins, press Select to access the onscreen DVD menu. Choose Go to Title and enter 03. If you entered the code correctly, the Extended Special Edition of Terminator 2 will play, including Chapter 78, a never-before-seen sequence of an elderly Sarah Connor in Earth’s future.

Three Kings.

TV Spot and Web Site Passwords
TV Spot:
At the main menu, select Special Features, then select Production Notes. At the Production Notes screen, select Origins, then press Up, and an orange grenade appears. Press X to go to the next screen, then press X again to start the hidden TV Spot.

Web Site Password 1:
At the Special Features menu, select Cast & Crew. Press Up, and an orange grenade appears. Press X, and you are given a password to be used at the Three Kings Events Web site.

Web Site Password 2:
At the Special Features menu, select Continue twice to get to the final menu. Press Down, Down, Down, and an orange grenade appears. Press X, and you are given another password to be used at the Three Kings Events Web site.

Toy Story 2.

Hidden Animation Daily
On disc 3, Supplemental Features, select Toy Story 2 at the Supplemental Material screen. At the Supplemental Material menu, select Story. At the Story screen, select Jessie’s Song. At the Jessie’s Song screen, press Left. A question mark will appear on the left side of the screen. Press X to view the hidden animated scene from Toy Story 2.
Fri 24/08/01 at 18:59
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah I've found a few too.

On Snatch just go to the far right special feature on any page of extras on disc 2 and press up twice. There are two on each page, just keep pressing up to get to them.

I cannot find the easter egg on Traffic though. It says there is one on the front of the box but I can't find it. Help!

:)
Fri 24/08/01 at 19:14
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Ok, I'm looking now.
Fri 24/08/01 at 19:16
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Here's what I found.

Hidden interviews
Select the "Filmographies" option. Choose Guy Ritchie at the filmography selection screen, then press Up, Left to highlight the hidden numeral 1, then press Enter to view a hidden interview. Choose Brad Pitt at the filmography selection screen, then press Up, Right to highlight the hidden numeral 1, then press Enter to view a hidden interview. Choose Vinnie Jones at the filmography selection screen, then press Up, Up to highlight the hidden numeral 1, then press Enter to view a hidden interview.

Mobile phone ring tone
Insert Disc 1 and select the "Audio Set-up" option at the main menu. Highlight the "Play Movie" option, then press Up, Up to highlight the music note. Press Enter to get Doug's ring tone for your cell phone. For the European region version, insert Disc 2 and press 8 followed by Enter on the first screen to get Doug's ring tone for your mobile phone.

Character sequences
Insert Disc 2 and highlight the right-pointing arrow on the opening screen. Press Enter to display the next screen. Press Up, Left to highlight the hidden numeral 1. Press Enter to view short clips of each character. For the European region version, insert Disc 2 and press 10 followed by Enter on the second screen.

Swearing sequences
Insert Disc 2 and highlight the right-pointing arrow on the opening screen. Press Up, Right on your controller to highlight a hidden exclamation point. Press Enter to display a hidden screen. Answer the question to view a bleeped or unbleeped selection of swearing clips from movie. For the European region version, insert Disc 2 and press 8 followed by Enter on the second screen.

List of fines (European region)
Insert Disc 2 and press 9 followed by Enter on the first screen to view a list of fines on the set.

Pikey subtitles (European region)
Insert Disc 1, then press Right, Up for pikey subtitles.

Hope it helped!
Fri 24/08/01 at 19:17
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
By the way, they were Snatch. I'm looking for Traffic now.
Fri 24/08/01 at 19:18
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Couldn't find anything for Traffic. Soz.
Fri 24/08/01 at 20:09
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Ahhhhh well. Guess I'll just have to keep looking.
Sat 25/08/01 at 23:28
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
The easter egg in traffic is a bit crap but here's how to get it.. Go to the cast list screen but don't select anyone. Move down to the Catherine Zeta-Jones button but don't select it, instead press left and you get to see an out take involving an autograph hunting customs official. Mildly amusing for all of 2 seconds. The best easter egg ever is on X-men. If you want to find the things then don't waste your time looking on the discs yourself go to...
www.dvdeasteregg.com and they have an A-Z list of eggs. By the way, it was me who posted the Traffic egg there so no one go accusing me of ripping off someone else.
Sat 25/08/01 at 23:36
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
No way. The Snatch 'are you easily offended' easter egg is much better than any of the X-Men ones. Mind you, that Spider Man on-set was quite amusing.

:)
Sun 26/08/01 at 21:22
"The pen is mightier"
Isn`t there also a hidden Dr Evil menu on the Austin Powers 2 disc????

....although I can`t officially back that up! Lol!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.