GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Fri 26/12/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Ace"
I am thinking whether to buy this game and either for the PC or Xbox? Has anyone else played this game? is it any good? I'm more likely to buy it for the PC because it is cheaper.
Fri 26/12/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Ace"
I am thinking whether to buy this game and either for the PC or Xbox? Has anyone else played this game? is it any good? I'm more likely to buy it for the PC because it is cheaper.
Fri 26/12/03 at 13:37
Regular
a) it is so much better on the PC.
b) its top quality fun especially if you enjoyed the first
c) its quite shorrt
Fri 26/12/03 at 13:57
Regular
"That's right!"
Get the PC version, assuming your PC can actually run it (mine can, but it looks about as good as the original game) because the controls are superior.

But, yes, it is rediculously short. I completed it on my third sitting. Easiest game I've ever played.
Fri 26/12/03 at 19:21
Regular
It's great. It's sorta like a demo for Half Life 2 with all the physics in it...

However, had to go and delete a few things before I could actually install it, it's pretty big...
Fri 26/12/03 at 20:47
Regular
"A man with a stick"
X-Box if you don't have a PC powerful enough to run it (Though it's not exactly pushing boundaries in terms of graphics) and certainly if you must own it for a console, be glad you don't have to get it on the PS2, it looks terrible.

I'd say the PC of course, it looks great with all the detail turned up and I've always preferred the Mouse/Keyboard combo with action game, and it especially works wonders with the fast (and slow) paced action that's served up in MP2, though I suppose it's really down to personal preferences.

One thing worth noting is that not only is the game cheaper on the PC, under £20 in some places, it will also have a big online community of which plenty of downloads will become available. I remember for the original game you could download stuff like new weapons, skins, levels and the fantastic re-creation of the Matrix lobby shoot out, so that's a big bonus.
Fri 26/12/03 at 20:51
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah mods rule
there are one or two pretty fun ones out...like cinema v1.5 (the best mod out imo) and matrix v2
Fri 26/12/03 at 21:13
Regular
Yeah, mods are the only reason I got it for PC.

Cos I just know (despite what one of my mates claims) the Max Payne 2 mods will never turn up for downloading off of LIVE.

Plus, Max Payne just seems so much more suited for the PC in terms of controls etc...
Sat 27/12/03 at 20:28
"Metal Head"
it's a cool game to get

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.