GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"C&C Deal"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun'.
Fri 26/12/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Unretired"
At a local store a while ago I saw an amazing C&C pack, which was in a package that I believe was not a store only deal.
It had:
Renegade
Generals
Tiberium Sun + Expansion
Red Alert 2 + Expansion
And it was priced £24.99. I was completely insane to choose not to buy it.
I've since been back to the store and the game was gone.
I have searched for the stores website and there isnt one, is an independant store not a chain.

So, does anyone know another place I would be able to find this deal?
Sr dosnt appear to have it, and if there is a rule on the forums against "advertising" other sites, then please could you email me at
[email protected] .

Thankyee a lot in advance!
Sun 28/12/03 at 20:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Renegade was poo, though it seems to have formed quite a cult following. Such a promising game as well, mix the strategic, base building delights of the C&C games and wrap it up in a FPS outer coating.

What an utter balls up it turned out to be, lots of bugs, laggy multiplayer and just no fun, it's no wonder EA disbanded Wastwood.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:12
Regular
"That's right!"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Bah, can't even get the name of the almight Hicks right.

-------

OK, I'm stoned. Or something. Of course, I meant the almighty Hicks.

What's wrong with me today?
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:11
Regular
"That's right!"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
Even James Earl Jones and Michael Beihn couldn't save it for me.

-------

Bah, can't even get the name of the almight Hicks right. Of course, I meant Biehn.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:10
Regular
"That's right!"
Tiberian Sun (why was it Tiberian and not Tiberium?) sucked utter balls. No matter what I did, I couldn't get into it. I didn't like the fact that it was so sci fi. Even James Earl Jones and Michael Beihn couldn't save it for me.

RA2 was better, but still not the greatness of the original Redalert. C&C Generals is barely recognisable as a C&C game, but is still very good.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:00
Regular
"Unretired"
Ok I managed to pick up the pack today, turns out it dosnt have generals, just a demo. Still a great deal though, and I found out the reason why no other stores had it an that is that it was an american import.
Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/ (space) -/B0000CE1J2/002-0128483-3776860?v=glance
Sat 27/12/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Unretired"
cookie monster wrote:
> Renegade and Tiberian Sun are crap anyway.

Nah tiberium sun kicked ass!, not sure about renegade though.
But you can't deny that deal was amazing value for money.
I'm off to town again tommorow... IT BETTER BE THERE AGAIN.
Sat 27/12/03 at 05:03
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
I liked Tiberian Sun because it was the only semi-modern modern game that would run on my Celeron 333Mhz PC for years
Fri 26/12/03 at 21:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Renegade and Tiberian Sun are crap anyway.
Fri 26/12/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
ive not seen that (very,very good) offer anywhere. I bet your kicking yourself for that one!
Fri 26/12/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Unretired"
At a local store a while ago I saw an amazing C&C pack, which was in a package that I believe was not a store only deal.
It had:
Renegade
Generals
Tiberium Sun + Expansion
Red Alert 2 + Expansion
And it was priced £24.99. I was completely insane to choose not to buy it.
I've since been back to the store and the game was gone.
I have searched for the stores website and there isnt one, is an independant store not a chain.

So, does anyone know another place I would be able to find this deal?
Sr dosnt appear to have it, and if there is a rule on the forums against "advertising" other sites, then please could you email me at
[email protected] .

Thankyee a lot in advance!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.