GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Online Alt."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/04 at 17:11
Regular
Hey,
Posted a while ago about getting my ps2 online, well i just want to double check that using this method i will be able to get online.
I have a USB Modem (Not Ethernet) so i am going to buy a USB to Ethernet Adapter which plugs into the spare USB port (Other USB port has modem in). I then get some ethernet cable and plug it into the Network adapter for the PS2 and bingo all should work.
Well errr does it? Just want to double check before buying the equipment.
Cheers
James
Wed 14/01/04 at 16:38
Regular
fighter29 wrote:
> hey
> who all plays socom 2 online? i do the game is so adickting i like
> cant git off it but it also gives u a rush.

Gave me a rash to..
Wed 14/01/04 at 06:15
Regular
"fighter29"
hey
who all plays socom 2 online? i do the game is so adickting i like cant git off it but it also gives u a rush.
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
P.S. I just tell everyone to get an ethernet modem, they're SO much easier to get a PS2 online with.
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:21
Regular
Okies, looked at the 5th question on there. Looks to me like you'll need a spare Network Card, a crossover cable and Internet Connection Sharing to get it all working though.

According to Sony, these are your options:

http://uk.playstation.com/networkgaming/ (SPACE) story.jhtml? storyId=300337_en_GB_GUIDES
Mon 12/01/04 at 19:54
Regular
Damn it did the diagram wrong!

http://www.playstationpro2.com/ misc/ps2_online_faq5.html

Look at the fifth question on there.
Mon 12/01/04 at 19:52
Regular
Thats it basically, works more like this i think.

USB Modem
v
v
v
v
Computer >>>>>>>> USB To Ethernet Connection
v
v
v
v
v
PS2 Network Adapter
Mon 12/01/04 at 18:52
Regular
You get 2m of ethernet cable with the Network Adaptor as standard.

From your above post I think you mean:

USB modem
v
v
v
USB to Ethernet Adaptor (didn't know these existed)
V
V
V
Ethernet Cable
V
V
V
PS2 Network Adaptor

That right? If it's anything else you're better off asking Sony if it will work.
Mon 12/01/04 at 17:11
Regular
Hey,
Posted a while ago about getting my ps2 online, well i just want to double check that using this method i will be able to get online.
I have a USB Modem (Not Ethernet) so i am going to buy a USB to Ethernet Adapter which plugs into the spare USB port (Other USB port has modem in). I then get some ethernet cable and plug it into the Network adapter for the PS2 and bingo all should work.
Well errr does it? Just want to double check before buying the equipment.
Cheers
James

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.