GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"socom 2 online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM 2 : Jungle Storm'.
Wed 14/01/04 at 06:21
Regular
"fighter29"
hey there
socom 2 online is a sweet thing its vary hard play agenst other poaple but it does give u one hell of a ruch and i think that is what makes people so adicked to that game but i like play in it and cant git anofe of it
Wed 14/01/04 at 19:48
Regular
"fighter29"
most people us rocked lunchers to take out snipers in a window from a safe spot were the snipers cant see them so they dont git killed.
Wed 14/01/04 at 19:39
Regular
"fighter29"
well for tarrists they got land mines vary ufektive is u dont look were your walking. there the best in jungle maps not so much in towns.
Wed 14/01/04 at 19:37
Regular
"fighter29"
i rocket luncher is a power fol gun but u cant run with it so that sucks

and some simpers on the game will kill u when u cant even see them or throw a dam wall thats not far.
Wed 14/01/04 at 16:06
Regular
"Hallelujah"
They cant put a respawn mode in, it'll ruin the game!
Wed 14/01/04 at 15:58
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Yeh, you also have to be kneeling down (whilst standing still) to fire the AT-4, so it's nothing like the TimeSplitters rocket launcher for example. And yes, it looks as if unlocking the extra SAS outfits are going to be very important, as it was almost impossible to see the Seals on SandStorm yesterday when UKMW wore the SAS outfit (looks like the FrostFire Seal outfit, making it very hard to see with the pitch black night-time backdrop).
Wed 14/01/04 at 08:23
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
ßulle††™ wrote:
> Sounds good but I can't help thinking Rocket Launchers will spoil most
> games as well as having benefits. I can imagine crazy Launcher
> battles, and that sounds a laugh, but I feel this could detract the
> game from it's stealthy teamwork-based nature and turn out more
> Unreal Tournament-like.

Don't worry about it :)

The RPG is normally a 1 shot weapon, 2 shot if you load it with double ammo, but it takes up 2 spaces in your inventory so you'd have to leave behind your precious HE or M67's to make room for it. So it's good for getting snipers out of bell towers, but tactically some extra bullets and a few grenades might be the better option for doing the same job in case he's got a mate with a machine gun watching his back.

For the UT fans, there IS a respawn game included as far as I'm aware on top of the usual gameplay options for setting up a room. It runs for a set time; you die, you respawn a few seconds later somewhere else on the same map to continue dealing out death and punishment. The team with the most kills at the end wins, the player with the most points at the end gets MVP.
Wed 14/01/04 at 07:17
Yep, glow in the dark clothes.
Wed 14/01/04 at 07:16
Regular
Sounds good but I can't help thinking Rocket Launchers will spoil most games as well as having benefits. I can imagine crazy Launcher battles, and that sounds a laugh, but I feel this could detract the game from it's stealthy teamwork-based nature and turn out more Unreal Tournament-like.

Hope not though, looking forward to it.
Wed 14/01/04 at 07:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
1st of March is the latest release date for it on this website, although Sony have yet to confirm their own date. Considering it contains all the online maps from the original, a host of new ones and ROCKET LAUNCHERS I can't see it not selling like hotcakes.

Offline is probably going to be quite good again too, I enjoyed the offline in the first one. This time around I think there's things to unlock like extra uniforms in the offline mode that you can then use online, nice touch.
Wed 14/01/04 at 06:28
Nope, hasn't been released here yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.