GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ZeldAAARGH! The wind-up wa*ker"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Fri 16/01/04 at 19:24
Regular
"95% organic"
OK, this game says its suitable for ages 3+

...that's scary... I'm in my mid twenties and I've got totally stuck right at the beginning of the game. I'm normally quite a handy gamer, but I still can't get into Dragon Roost cavern for love nor money... It's driving me insane.

I'm just trying to get into Dragon Roost Cavern... I know exactly what I've got to do (throw bomb flowers into the pot-holding statues to create a bridge across that lava pit) but I just can't do it.

I managed to blow up the closer statue on the right with no probs, but I simply cannot manage to knock the other one down. I've spent at least an hour just randomly hurling bombs at it, and no joy...

If I'm being a total mong, and there's some simple explanation... please tell me... step-by-step, so that I can stand in exactly the right spot facing exactly the right way to get the bomb in exactly the right place.

Otherwise I'm going to put the disc in a food-processor... which is a shame, because I rather enjoyed the 20 mins playing before I got stuck...

: (
Thu 22/01/04 at 20:12
"cheerios"
I got the cheat disc thingy for a present and as I eagerly put it in I Thought there would be some cool cheats but all I see is Invicible this, and infinite that... :(
Thu 22/01/04 at 19:20
"period drama"
tphi wrote:
> Anyone got full hearts, all the sea maps, tingle statues.. in short,
> absolutely everything?
>
> I'm replaying it in my jim-jams now trying to do it *all*.. not sure
> if I can be bothered with all the Nintendo Gallery pics though.

Yep yep yep yep yep.
Everything.

Well...
I missed 3 Ninty Gallery statues.

But I still win
Tue 20/01/04 at 09:23
"Mimmargh!"
I always try to get everything. Whats worse is that I suceed. I remember Ocarina of Time, and there were these golden spider things, and there were 100 around the whole world. I am ashamed to say I hunted down every single one.

And the last Ganon was indeed easy, I hammered the 'a' button because before I kept missing the parry attacks.
Mon 19/01/04 at 22:28
"The Will of D."
Well the only Zelda game I've truly completely finished has to be Majora's Mask, but considering that was the easiest game of the lot it wasn't much of an effort.
Mon 19/01/04 at 19:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Anyone got full hearts, all the sea maps, tingle statues.. in short, absolutely everything?

I'm replaying it in my jim-jams now trying to do it *all*.. not sure if I can be bothered with all the Nintendo Gallery pics though.
Mon 19/01/04 at 19:30
"period drama"
Haha.
Princess Troll bust her slippers up.
etc.

And yes, 'twas me 1st Zelda.
Mon 19/01/04 at 19:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I helped and then I laughed because someone needed help with such a rudimentary problem.

I was trolling. Whatever that means.
Mon 19/01/04 at 08:04
"The Will of D."
gerriod_the_princess wrote:
> hahaha
> you're all stupid.

I think you missed the turning in life that told you this is a topic for helping people with problems, not creating them.
Mon 19/01/04 at 08:01
"The Will of D."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> It's only because the same thing happened to me : P
> And, if I remember rightly, a good percentage of the forum as well.

Was this you first 3D Zelda game FFF? If so then you would have known Jumping was automatic from the classic Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask, up to Wind Waker. They put it in all the 3D Zelda games. The GB Zelda games is where you had to get a feather item to jump and that is annoying, having to do jumps on there while holding a bomb or using the Pegasus shoes for a full blown charge jump across a huge gap.
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
hahaha
you're all stupid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.