GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The sims 2 Double Deluxe game help"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims 2: Double Deluxe'.
Mon 15/02/10 at 23:47
Regular
Hi my daughters grandma got her the sims 2 double deluxe game for the computer and it will work on the grandma's computer but not on ours it freezes up. Can you help us so she can play it on our computer bc she doesn't always have axcess to her grandma'a computer. Thanks
Tue 16/02/10 at 13:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'd also check you have the most up to date drivers, although that might not do anything.
Tue 16/02/10 at 12:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I don't believe SIms 2 was "spec intensive", even when released. Sims3 was, but Sims 2 is quite old and wasn't that demanding at the time of release to be fair.

If your computer is old (say 5 years+ or so) I would suggest that the computer *may* not be good enough.

The more likely issue is incorrect installation, or even an incompatible Windows version. Can't really help without more info though.
Tue 16/02/10 at 08:43
Regular
"THFC"
I am not too good at stuff like this but all i would assume is that the spec on your PC (maybe graphics card) is not up too scratch. Check the Minimum System Requirements on the Game and then that of your PC.

I would suggest posting them details on here to get the best help.

Hope someone can aid you in solving the problem and welcome to the forum!
Mon 15/02/10 at 23:47
Regular
Hi my daughters grandma got her the sims 2 double deluxe game for the computer and it will work on the grandma's computer but not on ours it freezes up. Can you help us so she can play it on our computer bc she doesn't always have axcess to her grandma'a computer. Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.