GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DiSappointed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/01/04 at 00:39
Regular
In all of you.

Really I am, and you call yourself Nintendo fans.

The announcement of the DS excited me in ways I can't describe on a family forum, and that is because it is one of the most funning excellent ideas Nintendo have come up with in years. And what do you lot say?

Annoymous forum member 1: "It won't have a massive line up"
Annoymous forum member 2: "Third parties won't support it"
Annoymous forum member 3: "It won't sell"
Annoymous forum member 4: "Nintendo should concentrate on making their home console a success and stop wasting money"

etc... etc...

What are you? Nintendo shareholders (I know one of ya is) or Nintendo gamers?

Right fancy a bussiness look at it? Right Nintendo have confirmed a system that could fall on its ar$e or become a roaring success sealing Nintendo's future and making millions. Either way it will do one thing at E3... steal Sony's PSP's thunder... and by heck that is what is needed. Nintendo always stated the N5 would compete head to head with the next gen consoles but what if Sony get a head start with the PSP... what if Nintendo can't make the titles and release the next Gameboy in time to prevent the threat? Well release a different handheld, an idea they've been thinking over, something that could succeed... and what better time to release it... than head to head with a Sony monster.

But this post is not about the bussiness side of things. For starters can you all get the idea that it is vital Nintendo make money, can you remove from your brain any worries about advertisement, competition etc... and for a change think about the games. Right done that? Good. Now the Nintendo Dual Screen console is a handheld device with two screens... that is no other console that offers this... it will play games we will never have ever played before... it will allow for similtaneous play.... it will be genius.

The possibilties are endless... a quick 5 minute think about this from me has churned some ideas up. Imagine what you could do if you controlled 2 sets of Pikmin on other ends of the map AT THE SAME TIME (in an advanced form of Pikmin 2) enabeling totally new puzzles. Imagine a Mario and Luigi game where Luigi is seperate from Mario and can collect a code with one screen that you can view the code with and put that code in as Mario in the next screen. No doing it for ya? How about a racing game where you control 2 vehicles.... too complicated... how about 2 racing views... one showing a behind view of the cars and one showing the normal driving mode. How about a metroid game that sticks to the third person roots in one screen and the new first person mode in another (now there's an idea)....

Of course a simple idea is 2 camera angles.... 2 seperate viewpoints... perfect for stealth games.

Naturally I'm no developer... I'm sure I've missed the best ideas and they've never considered these ones...

But that's the thought... the possibilties are endless... this REALLY IS A COOL NEW GAMING EVOLUTION. I don't care if it will sell... it really doesn't matter... there is no point discussing it, it could go down well or it could flop we'll have to wait and see. As for now.... now we just imagine what new, original ideas Nintendo will come out with for the launch.

What do you think? Get rid of preconceptions of a money making jugganaught (which it could be) and replace it with excitiment for a new gaming venture?

Thank you Nintendo, the industry was just getting boring too.

Dringo.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:11
"period drama"
I always liked pressing pause anyway.
It's a mini orgasm, right there.
Sun 25/01/04 at 10:55
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Not with a clock

WOW
Sun 25/01/04 at 10:19
Regular
If you're in an action game of some sort, you'd most likely have to pause it look at the other screen anyway.
Sat 24/01/04 at 23:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Time for another sniff.
Sat 24/01/04 at 23:06
Regular
Not with a clock
Sat 24/01/04 at 23:04
Regular
It's hard to keep track of time when you're nocturnal.
Sat 24/01/04 at 23:03
Regular
I don't remember
Sat 24/01/04 at 23:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Since September?
Sat 24/01/04 at 23:00
Regular
I've been inhaling Earex
Sat 24/01/04 at 23:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
the pounding grows

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.