GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What have been your fav/worst FF games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/01/04 at 23:20
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
God knows if a topic like this has already been started - couldn't give a monkeys......

Anyway I'm just curious to know what is everyones favourite Final Fantasy game, be it a spin-off (tatics) or the 'proper' thang. Just list your fav/worst FF games and the reason behind your decisions.

My favs (in no particular order)
FF7 - This imo is the finest one in the series. Great story with brilliant twists, loads of mini games - much better than FFX

FFV - Loved the class system!

'Good' FF games
FF10 - No doubt a lot of you all probably love this.......but I feel it really wasn't the 'leap' to an even better FF. It was more evolutionary than revolutionary......and now world map. Okay it isn't the end of the world, but I love to be able to trudge around a proper world map. Interesting storyline, and blitzball is quite a cool minigame.
FFIX - A lot of people thought that FF9 was the worst, but I quite enjoyed it because it reminded me of the old FF games which were mostly set in a sort of fantasy medieval age. It wasn't however, the leap I was expecting from 7 & 8.

Worst FF games
I think if I was pushed to say which one was the worst, I'd have to say Mystic Quest. Nice music, but pretty crappy gameplay! :P
Fri 23/01/04 at 23:20
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
God knows if a topic like this has already been started - couldn't give a monkeys......

Anyway I'm just curious to know what is everyones favourite Final Fantasy game, be it a spin-off (tatics) or the 'proper' thang. Just list your fav/worst FF games and the reason behind your decisions.

My favs (in no particular order)
FF7 - This imo is the finest one in the series. Great story with brilliant twists, loads of mini games - much better than FFX

FFV - Loved the class system!

'Good' FF games
FF10 - No doubt a lot of you all probably love this.......but I feel it really wasn't the 'leap' to an even better FF. It was more evolutionary than revolutionary......and now world map. Okay it isn't the end of the world, but I love to be able to trudge around a proper world map. Interesting storyline, and blitzball is quite a cool minigame.
FFIX - A lot of people thought that FF9 was the worst, but I quite enjoyed it because it reminded me of the old FF games which were mostly set in a sort of fantasy medieval age. It wasn't however, the leap I was expecting from 7 & 8.

Worst FF games
I think if I was pushed to say which one was the worst, I'd have to say Mystic Quest. Nice music, but pretty crappy gameplay! :P
Sat 24/01/04 at 13:22
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
no one likes FF games, oh dear.
Sat 24/01/04 at 15:18
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Favorite FFVII
Worst FFII
Sat 24/01/04 at 15:49
"period drama"
They're all crap.
Ugh.
Sat 24/01/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Favourite game from the series would be FF7 with FF6 a close second. Both were great games and FF7 was, in my mind anyway, the best game on the PSX. Sephiroth was the coolest villain ever and almost the whole cast of FF7 i cared about and wanted to know their stories. Hell you don't spend about 250 hours trying to complete the game after 3 different memory card crashes if it's rubbish.

Favourite spin off would be FF Tactics. If only due to the fact it was a strategy RPG, which are my favourite kind. It's plot was a bit heavy but once you got to grasps with it it was a very good story with lots of betrayal. The return of the job classes for me was a big plus the only thing i didn't like was that the missions you got from the pub were automatically done. It would have been good if you had battles to decide whether you got the mission completed or not.

Worst FF game for me would have to be 8. Plot was weak, characters were weak and Battle system was weak as well and had me wanting my materia back. The only FF apart from 1, which i'm in the process of doing, that i haven't completed due to the fact i found it dull and boring. The only good thing about it was the card game and Quistis.
Sat 24/01/04 at 18:33
Regular
Final Fantasy VII was the best.

I didn't really enjoy Final Fantasy X.
Sat 24/01/04 at 18:34
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> They're all crap.
> Ugh.

Is that meant to be ironic sarcasm?
Sat 24/01/04 at 19:31
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Worst FF game for me would have to be 8. Plot was weak, characters
> were weak and Battle system was weak as well and had me wanting my
> materia back. The only FF apart from 1, which i'm in the process of
> doing, that i haven't completed due to the fact i found it dull and
> boring. The only good thing about it was the card game and Quistis.

*evil look* :D

I loved the eighth one for some reason. Bought VII and VIII on the same day, played VII for a good few hours. Was mucho pleased.

Played VIII for 180 hours, loved every second :D

Squall rocked in a kinda 'Look, she is DROOLING, go for it' 'No' sort of way. And the Eden GF sequence kicked @ss, hell, I didn't even know *what* was happening
Sat 24/01/04 at 19:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Final Fantasy VII was the best.
>
> I didn't really enjoy Final Fantasy X.

Agreed
Wed 28/01/04 at 14:16
Regular
"You have a choice"
Final Fantasy VIII kicked ass, but I think FF1 was pretty lame!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.