GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google Checkout."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/02/10 at 01:28
Regular
Can someone advise me whether I should be able to run a Google Checkout service via my website?

For some reason my implementation is working perfectly whilst running on my local server, but once I upload to my Freeola service it no longer works properly.

Are there some limitations in using the Google Checkout system, perhaps relating to SSL certificates?

Would appreciate any insights.

My implementation is using the XML API rather than a simple Buy Now button incase that has any bearing.
Sat 13/02/10 at 01:28
Regular
Can someone advise me whether I should be able to run a Google Checkout service via my website?

For some reason my implementation is working perfectly whilst running on my local server, but once I upload to my Freeola service it no longer works properly.

Are there some limitations in using the Google Checkout system, perhaps relating to SSL certificates?

Would appreciate any insights.

My implementation is using the XML API rather than a simple Buy Now button incase that has any bearing.
Sat 13/02/10 at 10:36
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
Are you seeing any errors?

The SSL with Google Checkout will be Google's so I can't think how this would cause you problems.

If you aren't seeing any errors, can you provide a link to the page?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 13/02/10 at 11:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
If the XML API is used within your server side code (e.g. PHP) then this might be the problem, as I recall Freeola don't allow external connections to be made from any web script, although maybe this isn't the case anymore?
Sat 13/02/10 at 11:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
cjh is right, and this is indeed the case. More information should help us help you..
Sat 13/02/10 at 17:13
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> cjh is right, and this is indeed the case. More information
> should help us help you..

Hi Warhunt,
Hopefully the OP will be back, but in the mean time...

In the past I've had to abandon php scripts that failed due to external connections - are you saying if customers contact you with 'more information' you can allow/fix this?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 13/02/10 at 19:07
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not exactly. You can work around the block on fopen by using the more secure, but more involved cURL library
(Edit: should have said this applies to VIP hosting!). If you are not writing you own script then this may mean you have to modify it, which some people cannot do as they have no knowledge of PHP.
Sat 13/02/10 at 19:57
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> Not exactly. You can work around the block on fopen by using the
> more secure, but more involved cURL library. If you are not
> writing you own script then this may mean you have to modify it,
> which some people cannot do as they have no knowledge of PHP.

Oh fair enough - the script creator (domain WHOIS) tried changing to cURL when I last had a go with this (few years back) but couldn't get anywhere!

If I have another go at it in the future I'll get back to you.

I'll let the OP have his thread back now! ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 16/02/10 at 20:14
Regular
Thanks so much for your help so far guys, i've been unable to get back to this since posting originally which is a bit ironic!!!!

I am getting the following error message:

An error had ocurred:
HTTP Status: CURL_ERR:
Error message:
Failed to connect to 74.125.79.81: Permission denied

My understanding was always that Google Checkout relies on CURL, semi-confirmed by this error message, but as far as I can tell this is enabled by Freeola?

Thanks so much for your help folks.
Wed 17/02/10 at 00:04
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Any chance of seeing the cURL code? I'm guessing you're POSTing XML but what is your cURL setup (setopts if you are using PHP)?
Do you have the cURL error code? I can't remember off the top of my head the format of the error message, I'm saying this because your error has a colon in it, which normally signifies a port number.
Wed 24/02/10 at 21:40
Regular
This is beyond my understanding now lol, but i've looked through the PHP code I have for the Google Checkout system for any mention of CURL and here's the snipper i've found that I believe could be relevant:

function SendReq($url, $header_arr, $postargs, $timeout=false) {
// Get the curl session object
$session = curl_init($url);
$this->log->LogRequest($postargs);
// Set the POST options.
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_POST, true);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $header_arr);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $postargs);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_HEADER, true);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

if(!empty($this->certPath) && file_exists($this->certPath)) {
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, true);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_CAINFO, $this->certPath);
}
else {
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
}

if(is_array($this->proxy) && count($this->proxy)) {
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_PROXY,
$this->proxy['host'] . ":" . $this->proxy['port']);
}
if($timeout != false){
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, $timeout);

}
// Do the POST and then close the session
$response = curl_exec($session);
if (curl_errno($session)) {
$this->log->LogError(curl_error($session));
return array("CURL_ERR", curl_error($session));
} else {
curl_close($session);
}

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.