GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gotham Racing 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing 2'.
Sun 01/02/04 at 15:43
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Anyone up for some Live races (later today or another time) or a offline time trial contest ?
No-one on here seems to have mentioned PGR2 for ages, there must be some racers among you, I've only had it a couple of days and apart from the lack of adjustable settings it's definitely a GT3 beater.

Post your gamertag and suggest a day/time and we'all try to arrange something. Prehaps we can make it a weekly thing ?

PS. where are you all ranked on the overall Live leaderboard, think I'm about 79,000th.
Wed 03/03/04 at 18:53
Regular
I started on gold, and kept on playing and playing til I passed it, regardless of how much I wanted to throw the xbox through the window.

the hardest bit was the final race - 2 laps of nurburgring, against GT cars. As I hadn't finished it on silver first, I didn't have the porsche GT1, and so had to use an inferior car (in the end I found the acceleration of the Koenigsegg was the best, even though it is one twitchy b*tch of a car at high speed). you are also against the speed 12, which is pretty much unbeatable, although if you keep fairly close behind him, he will eventually make a mistake and crash.

just watch out for when he comes flying up behind you and pushes you into a wall.

v.hard. platinum will be the epitomy of frustration.
Wed 03/03/04 at 10:07
Regular
"8==="
If you do it that way you should be able to get up to at least silver/gold on most challenges.
Wed 03/03/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ah I see, so instead of doing each medal section through all sections just work through each medal on each race .... durr, why didn't I think of that?

Cheers Hedfix, I'll give that a go when I get on it next, probably wont be till the weekend now though :(
Wed 03/03/04 at 04:39
Regular
"8==="
I use steel to get used to the track and then I usually jump up to silver/gold.

Try to see how far you can progress on a track before moving on.
Tue 02/03/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> get playing gold you sissy ;D

I'm now working my way through the bronze section so I'll take on gold when I'm good and ready :)
Tue 02/03/04 at 15:57
Regular
Jive wrote:
> I know your all way way in front of me but just thought I'd share my
> happiness with you all :)

yep. :D

steel is so easy you could probably start a race, go make a cup of tea, drink it, flick through a copy of penthouse, then pick up the pad, and still win.

get playing gold you sissy ;D

I'm not looking forward to doing platinum :S
Tue 02/03/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
well done, offline I haven't played much, got lower rank and kudos score than you :)
Mon 01/03/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Whahooo - just complete the World Series with all Steel Medals and got the Delfino Feroce. I now have 250,251 KP and a KR of 23.

I know your all way way in front of me but just thought I'd share my happiness with you all :)
Mon 01/03/04 at 09:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Live annoys me sometimes.
>
> I've just spent the best part of half an hour surfing through the
> plateau of games I could join.
>
> A lot of them the host just sat there - they were either not even sat
> at the console, or were just waiting for more players. I couldn't
> find any games with more than 2 players in them.
>
> When I did get to play, most of the people just spat their dummies
> out and left the game, just because they had a crash or two.
>
> bah

This is exactly why I prefer hosting races, takes a couple of races to build up 5 or 6 other guys, but your in control then, like you say some of these hosts set up games and go off down the pub or similar
Mon 01/03/04 at 01:00
Regular
"All you need to kno"
I be up for a bit of offline timetrial contest

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.