GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What should I choose?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/01 at 20:07
Regular
OK, I've just won GAD and I don't know what to get, so I need all your advice. The games I've got at the moment are:

TimeSplitters
SSX
DOA2
Quake 3
Crazy Taxi
Starwars Starfighter
Escape form Monkey Island
Gran Turismo 3
Fur Fighters

I'm considering Red Faction and I've already heard how good it is. I don't like the look of Onimusha and I've rejected Rumble Racing and Ridge 5. So, does anyone have any suggestions as to what PS2 game I should get?

Thanks.
Mon 13/08/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OK, I've just won GAD and I don't know what to get, so I need all your advice. The games I've got at the moment are:

TimeSplitters
SSX
DOA2
Quake 3
Crazy Taxi
Starwars Starfighter
Escape form Monkey Island
Gran Turismo 3
Fur Fighters

I'm considering Red Faction and I've already heard how good it is. I don't like the look of Onimusha and I've rejected Rumble Racing and Ridge 5. So, does anyone have any suggestions as to what PS2 game I should get?

Thanks.
Mon 13/08/01 at 21:07
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I know that may sound a bit stupid but Escape From Monkey Island could be a good choice.I have just finished playingthe first one and its great.Otherwise just get GT3 or SSX
Mon 13/08/01 at 21:37
Triple_H wrote:
> I know that may sound a bit stupid but Escape From Monkey Island
> could be a good choice.I have just finished playingthe first one and
> its great.Otherwise just get GT3 or SSX

Did you actually read TBN's post??
He's already got SSX and GT3!:-D

I would get Red Faction if you want a free game now.
But if you are willing to wait a couple of months then SD JBI, Jak and Daxter, Wipeout Fusion, and WRC are all gonna be great!
Mon 13/08/01 at 22:11
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Ooops sorry.I thought these games were the ones he wanted to choose from.I suggest Devil May Cry or Wipeout
Mon 13/08/01 at 22:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would also say Devil May Cry, but also if you could wait while September then get Resident Evil: Code Veronica. However this really depends on if you are a Resi Fan.
Mon 13/08/01 at 22:34
Regular
I would probably get one of the good games that are coming out late 2001 probably during the Xmas season coz you never know how your pocket will be by then. The game I would advice you to choose is DMC or SSX trick or SD3 JBI. Maybe even MGS2 if you can wait.
Mon 13/08/01 at 22:49
Regular
Red faction is excellent, but i'd maybe hold out for MGS-II. Bring in the new year with Snake.
Mon 13/08/01 at 23:44
Regular
Red faction can get very annoying at times with its stupid loading during ingame play. there are no save-points so if u dont save every so often u will lose all your gameplay when u die.
Tue 14/08/01 at 11:56
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
if i ever win a GAD I would choose SSX Tricky. Then I'd know Id get it on release day regardless of wether or not I had the cash to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.