GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crouching Tiger Hidden Dwagon Awsome Or Awful"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/01 at 19:31
Regular
I watched Crouching tiger hidden dragon as loads of people had said it was great especially the fight scenes. I watched it and was realy disappointed, what would have been a brilliant fight scene was completely undermimed by.... Flying. Can some one tell me what was going on. I found it hard to take this movie serious as the flying (We are not talking extended jumps but 50 metre leaps or complete reverse change of direction in mid flight where occuring.) was so ridiculous. It was so far from reality but supposed to be set in a real context that it completely ruined the story. On top of this I found te story line wasn't exactly great It was a little dodgy a best and didn't really go anywher and the ending was quite awful. It is not a film that i could easily recomend as it was a film with few merits and i suspect only gained the acclaim it did to help encourage the film industry in developing countries. I'd probably give it a 4 or 5 out of 10.
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:03
Regular
I've just noticed my Jonathon Woss style Dwagon.
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:02
Regular
A magic carpet is an intricate and important part of the story and is therefore acceptable. Flying was unnecessary and the fight scenes could have been made just as good without it.
Mon 20/08/01 at 21:08
"possibly impossible"
Then they can't make a film about Aladdin then, can they? hm!

Aladdin is set in Bagdad, a REAL place, but he has a magic carpet that flies. Similiarly, all the greek tales were set around parts of Greece that are REAL places, and they had monsters and gods in, yet these were filmed and watched without riducule.

CTHD is NOT History, it is Mythology, taken from STORIES.
Mon 20/08/01 at 20:43
Regular
Matrix in a computer any dodgy stukk is possible
CTHD real world = no flying
Mon 20/08/01 at 20:02
"possibly impossible"
I agree that the flying element put a lot of people off (and my wife couldn't stiffle a laugh when watching!) but you do have to remember that the story is based on a series of books based around Chinese mythology. It is not so much an alternate universe as a mythical look at zen practices.

Think of it much like our tales of the legendary creatures such as elves and fairies, folk that roamed land we know well in Britain, but are seen as folklore and myth. Flying in this film is a similar thing and taken in this context, it works well.
Mon 20/08/01 at 16:40
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
CTHD is a great and stylish movie....dont worry about the flying , its a fantasy movie
Mon 20/08/01 at 16:24
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
That makes sense. Who woz he anyway, can't remember.......
Mon 20/08/01 at 16:19
Also on the CTHD and Matrix comparison, it was the same dude who choreographed the fight scenes.
Mon 20/08/01 at 16:16
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
They had flying in "Shouwerlin (scuse the crap spelling) blood-bath" aswell. This monk geezer took a huge leap on 2 this temple at the end and then they ALL started flying about with their samurais. That was cool.
Sun 19/08/01 at 17:14
Regular
"accidental superher"
having watched MANY chinese films...to me crouching tiger hidden dragon of course was not weird at all with all that flying...
it happens in many chinese films where it is meant to be set in the early ages....
if you see the legend of zu (one of the latest chinese film releases)...get ready to be amazed by the 1500+ special fx :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.