GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSX 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SSX 3'.
Sat 14/02/04 at 17:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've only recently started playing this after getting it for Chistmas (exams and no memory card space) and it's damn good. But why have they taken out certain elements? There used to be a trick book to run through, and there used to be different types of board you could get. Alpine for speed, freestyle for tricks, or the combination for a bit of both. Now you can't even buy new boards, only new graphics for the same board.

And I know this game will give me arthritis in later life.
Sat 14/02/04 at 17:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've only recently started playing this after getting it for Chistmas (exams and no memory card space) and it's damn good. But why have they taken out certain elements? There used to be a trick book to run through, and there used to be different types of board you could get. Alpine for speed, freestyle for tricks, or the combination for a bit of both. Now you can't even buy new boards, only new graphics for the same board.

And I know this game will give me arthritis in later life.
Sat 14/02/04 at 18:42
"period drama"
Damn. I keep forgetting to get this - is one of the games I missed out 1st time around, along with Tenchu and a few others.
I now I know I won't even get it until, one day, I see it for a stupid price and get it then.

Anywho - I never used the alpine boards in SSX Tricky, they just plain sucked. Even when you want to go fast, you still need to do tricks to get boost and with the alpine boards you had to land on particular way.

I can't see why they diched the trick book, though.
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:49
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
There isn't exactly a trick book, but n the lodge, go to rider details, and then go to ubertrick setup. There you can see all the tricks, and demonstrated.
Sat 14/02/04 at 20:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I know you can see the ubertricks, but that's nothing like the trick book of old. The trick book gave you a picture and a name, and you had to do it in an event. For example, it might say "1080 Stalemasky," and once you'd done it it would be ticked off. If you got them all you got something special, can't remember what.

And the alpine boards weren't that good, but it offered some variety among racers which isn't here now. Everyone uses the same board throughout, which means everyone is essentially the same. But actually, yesterday, I was doing the backcountry one on one race, and couldn't beat the fella. He was just too quick. And I found that if I didn't really bother with boost and just went for it, no tricks, then I got a faster time. And eventually beat him.

Another thing they've dropped is something from Tricky - the friendship element. It's just gone. Punching someone used to have a consequence, and your rating with them would go up or down, but now you can just floor them and no one seems to care.
Sun 15/02/04 at 08:38
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
Blank wrote:
> Another thing they've dropped is something from Tricky - the
> friendship element. It's just gone. Punching someone used to have a
> consequence, and your rating with them would go up or down, but now
> you can just floor them and no one seems to care.'

That's wrong. If you punch someone in a race of one event, you'll see an exclamation mark moving on top of your rival.
Now s/he will try to punch you, so keep a distance. And if you punch them a second time in a row, they will become even more furious.
Sun 15/02/04 at 09:33
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Yeah, constantly punch Griff and then you will see rivalry.

This game is great, my high scoresare:

2.4 million style Mile
1.8 million kick doubt
1.4 million R + B
1.66 million Happiness
1.5 million Ruthless
3.85 million perpendiculous
0.731 million Much 2 much

Then I am either 3rd or 4th on the other two half pipes.

They may seem lame, but that is because they are my online scores, not offline, so I got those scores without multipliers or bonuses.

Anyway, I finished maxing out the 10th character yesterday and puttign te ebst equipment on him.

Great game, if anyone else has it online post your name. Mine is EX Crazy
Sun 15/02/04 at 16:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Anonymous wrote:
> Anyway, I finished maxing out the 10th character yesterday and
> puttign te ebst equipment on him.

But the equipment doesn't improve the skill of the character, only the looks from what I can see.

And even with the exclamation mark function, it's still not the same level of interaction as with Tricky.
Sun 15/02/04 at 21:36
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Blank wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:
> Anyway, I finished maxing out the 10th character yesterday and
> puttign te ebst equipment on him.
>
> But the equipment doesn't improve the skill of the character, only
> the looks from what I can see.
>
> And even with the exclamation mark function, it's still not the same
> level of interaction as with Tricky.

I know it doesn't improve them, just looks better.

For example, I have Zoe with devil wings and black trousers with stripe things, that is better than her in trousers and top.

I'm using Kaori right now, I have here all in blue wither blue butterfly wings on her back.
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:14
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Great night for me tonight.

1st schizophrenia - 2.44 million
1st ruthless jan - 1.81 million
4th R + B - 1.66 million or somethinn like that
8th Happiness jam - 1.91 million
Mon 16/02/04 at 22:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
How'd you get that high?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.