GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you want to see in Splinter cell 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow'.
Sat 14/02/04 at 18:56
Regular
"8==="
I just finished Splinter Cell today (still have the downloaded missions to do but hey I got to the credits!).

So what do you want to see in Splinter Cell 2?

Personally I want them to improve on the realism, if you can climb and hang on to a few pipes why not all pipes strong enough to hold youe weight?

How about missions that can be completed more than one way?

How about a mission tree where different results on a mission make you go down a different path of missions (a bit like Star Fox)?

How about when you wake up a sleeping guard you can ACTUALLY kill them before they've actually completed their entire 'getting up' animation and you've pointlessly unloaded an entire clip into them!?

How about if theres a broken window within reach of a jump (or actually at waist height like iun the Kalintek level) you can actually climb into the room beyond like yoiu could do in REAL LIFE?

How about nicking a few things off of Hitman 2 and allowing Fisher to disguise himself for a time and take weapons off those you've killed when you've got sweet F.A. ammo left (like people'd do in REAL LIFE!)?

For all it's realism Splinter Cell missed quite a few important things that I hope will be gameplay options in the sequel.

So anyway... What do you want in Splinter Cell 2?
Mon 16/02/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Mario ?
Sun 15/02/04 at 11:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
^_^ LOL!
Sun 15/02/04 at 10:17
Regular
"All about the Beats"
FOOL.
Sun 15/02/04 at 10:06
Regular
"Remember me?"
"What do you want to see in Splinter Cell 2?"

The first one had a severe lack of both splinters and cells.
Sat 14/02/04 at 22:55
Regular
What I think they should do for multiplayer is rather than have one of the modes as Spy vs. Mecenary, it should be Spy vs. the Rainbow Six 3 team. Seeing as the same company made both games, I can't imagine it'd be impossibly hard to impliment. T'would fookin rock it would, especially if they managed to b*gger up how the mecenary's handle, so it wouldn't be a case of everyone always wanting to play as the spies, and no one as the mecenaries...
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:30
Regular
"8==="
Also you should be able to put bodies down holes and slide them out of windows.

And you should be able to make the level design work better for hiding bodies. One example of this would be using the meat grinder machines in the abbotoir level: what better way to get rid of a body!? :D
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:23
Regular
agreed. of the two I think splinter cell is the better game, mainly because you can set the camera yourself. I don't like games where the camera angle is fixed. Although MGS2 is good enough to allow me to forgive it.
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:20
Regular
"8==="
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
>
> They should take a lot of the features from MGS2 and add them to the
> new game.

True. I like the ideas in MGS2, but I prefer the control system in Splinter Cell.
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:19
Regular
"8==="
Also if a grenade goes off near an enemy but doesn't kill them they should be suitably stunned/deafened/etc and not immediatly run at you like you just missed a normal shot!
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:19
Regular
In MGS2 you could shoot the radio out of their hands, make them freeze (hold them at gunpoint) and give you items they have, also stuff them in cupboards etc.

They should take a lot of the features from MGS2 and add them to the new game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.