GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"your best game of all time and why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/08/01 at 18:29
Regular
what is your favourite game of all time?
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:29
what is your favourite game of all time?
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:33
Nice explanation . 1st , though , what`s yours ?
:OD
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:41
probably zelda ocarina of time on the n64
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:46
Grim Fandongo without a doubt. Don't know why, there's just something about it. Maybe its the way you get so attached to the characters. I dont know.
Sat 11/08/01 at 18:48
zelda is a great game shame about the console
Sat 11/08/01 at 19:05
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
HOly mother of jesus, what an original thread idea, call the staff, this man deserves a GAD!!!

Okay enough of the sarcasm, and onto the insults......:P Only joking mate.

My favourite game of all time has to be *cough* Majoras MAsk *cough*. As many of you may know, I thought that MAjoras Mask was the weakest of all of the zelda games, but it had ne thing added that I now think made it my favourite game of all time.

So....what is it then MJ? I can hear you all asking *as if you would*. Well the thing that made Majoras Mask so special was.......

.........the emotions that the game brought to me. For once in my life I actually felt emotion about what happened to the games characters. This may sound sad, but it truely did make me feel sorry, happy, tearful and many other emotions.

Take for example, the villagers in the town. They refused to leave their houses/shops *some of them* and this made me feel sorry for them as they didn't believe that that huge chunk of moon was going to actually fall, but as we all know it would eventually if you didn't save them.

I also felt very strange when I had to do something for someone, whatever I was thinking about would go out of my head, and all I woul be able to think about was completing that task for the person in mention.

5 minutes remaining....the final countdown. Now this [art of the game made me feel very tearful, the earth was shuddering, the moon was falling, but those stupid people were too stubborn and wouldn't take the advice.

I was so attached to the people of that town that I made sure that no chance in hell was the moon going to crush the planet....to my joy I held my promise. It never did fall I managed to get the giants to save them all. Seeing them stop the moon gave me a feeling of joy realising that the villagers troubles were finally over.

I eventually *two weeks in total* completed the game, I felt a huge weight come off of my shoulders knowing that everything was safe in the world again. Then I realised that it was a game *am I stupid?*.

Now about 6 months later I felt the need to know exactly what would have happened had that moon actually fallen while I was playing. Too my dismay the entire town was destroyed along with Link getting fried to a crisp by the force of the moon.

Had I witnessed this particular cut scene while I was still trying to complete the game I feel I may have just broken down then and there, sitting in front of my console in disbelieve at what had happened. Luckily for me I hadn't been playing the game and my emotions over it were not like they were while I was playing it properly, so I could handle the sight of what happened.

So I hope that this has given you an incite into what I feel my favourite game ever is. If not, I sugggest you read it again, if so.....VOTE FOR ME!

(;o|
Sat 11/08/01 at 19:07
that it
Sat 11/08/01 at 19:12
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Actually thats the edited version you gimp. You know the days of being called JAT are not the best ones to annoy me mate.

(;o|
Sat 11/08/01 at 19:14
That's it what?

Blimey, these notable elections are really grand, aren't they? We've got Quiksilver going mad, and also some others battling out for the position of Notable. All the while RBS is on hols somewhere, not giving a damn...
Sat 11/08/01 at 19:14
oooooooooooook im really sorry mr i wont do it again

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.