GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help please - GTA 3 cheats"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Sun 15/02/04 at 18:36
Regular
My 2 sons depend on me getting them cheats for their PS2 games and "UK cheats" is great for these.
but my problem is (you will call me stupid for this) that when I got the cheats for GTA 3 a lot of them are activated by entering a code "on the Action Replay (V2) cheat screen"
What is this Action replay cheat screen and how is it activated? Does "V2" stand for version 2. The console they have is the silver one and gought last Xmas so I don't know if it is a particular version or not.

My boys don't know, I don't know but I'm sure that all you game sharks out there know.

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks
Sun 15/02/04 at 18:36
Regular
My 2 sons depend on me getting them cheats for their PS2 games and "UK cheats" is great for these.
but my problem is (you will call me stupid for this) that when I got the cheats for GTA 3 a lot of them are activated by entering a code "on the Action Replay (V2) cheat screen"
What is this Action replay cheat screen and how is it activated? Does "V2" stand for version 2. The console they have is the silver one and gought last Xmas so I don't know if it is a particular version or not.

My boys don't know, I don't know but I'm sure that all you game sharks out there know.

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks
Sun 15/02/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
there is no reason why it shouldnt work on the silver machine.now tell them to stop cheating or check out your search engine for the cheats or check the box for a help address.
what type of example are you setting by letting them cheat?
Sun 15/02/04 at 19:15
Regular
The example I am setting is called "peace, glorious peace"
The more cheats enabled = the more peace and quiet I have.

Keep going with the offers of help
Sun 15/02/04 at 19:17
Regular
The Action Replay is a cheat device that you need to buy. It comes pre-loaded with GTA cheats anyway so you just buy it and activate them.

It's pretty self-explanatory once you see the set-up.
Sun 15/02/04 at 19:50
Regular
Any idea where The Action Replay can be purchased and how much approx. does it cost?
ßulle††™ when you say it is preloaded with GTA cheats do you mean the GTA game or is this a seperate item
Sun 15/02/04 at 19:55
Um, just the cheats.

And why would you want another copy of GTA?
Sun 15/02/04 at 19:56
There are button codes for the game, which are free.
Sun 15/02/04 at 20:07
Regular
Indeed there are.

Muffler, the Action Replay is about £30-40 and with that you get a cheat disc and a special memory card (which goes in slot 2). You boot up the cheat disc and 'activate' the cheats you want. It then asks you to put the game disc in.

Bing bang bong, your game starts with the cheats you selected.

Beware though, some cheats make the game crash - as does enabling loads of cheats (that may contradict each other in some way).

You'd be best googling the standard cheats that you can use by pressing buttons on the joypad - could save you a few quid.
Sun 15/02/04 at 20:08
Regular
Not after another copy of the game but trying to find out how exactly this Action replay thing works.
Where can it be got, price etc.
I alredy have a good few cheats that work fine with the buttons but these young men tell me that come of the beter cheats need this replay screen.

I'm not too familiar with the games or the consoles myself. The boys know how they work a lot better than I do.

Thanks to everyone so far for the help
Sun 15/02/04 at 20:11
Regular
Thanks again ßulle††™

I think I understand the thing a bit better now

The last line of your post seems my best option

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.