GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Hawks 3 online"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/08/01 at 20:46
Regular
Just wondering if any of you are going to play Tony Hawks online.With it being one of the first games to use the online compatibility are people really going to bother buying a hard drive or that disc that allows you to play online.And I doubt that manypeople will be interested,but thats just me.

How bout u??
Thu 09/08/01 at 20:46
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Just wondering if any of you are going to play Tony Hawks online.With it being one of the first games to use the online compatibility are people really going to bother buying a hard drive or that disc that allows you to play online.And I doubt that manypeople will be interested,but thats just me.

How bout u??
Thu 09/08/01 at 20:50
I would definitely like to buy the HDD and the online add-on pack. I want broadband capability though, and at the rate it seems to be being connected, any of us with broadband access when the online capability is available will be a part of a very fortunate few. The prices worry me as well - i'm not prepared to pay £40+ every month - Almost £500 a year to play online games? I don't think so.
Thu 09/08/01 at 21:11
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would too like to play tony hawks 3 online, and any other future good games such as Final Fantasy. Think i will also buy the hard drive. Just need the money first!
Thu 09/08/01 at 21:22
Regular
"You Bum!!"
The Hard Drive has launched in Japan for an equivalent of £108.It reduced FF10 loading times by about 3 seconds!!!

I am personally going to wait till other people buy it and review it
Fri 10/08/01 at 20:53
Regular
Triple_H wrote:
> The Hard Drive has launched in Japan for an equivalent of
> £108.It reduced FF10 loading times by about 3 seconds!!!

£ 108 in Japan I think it will cost £ 200 over here or more and you have to buy the modem which could cost up to £40.

Well, Sony aren't forcing anyone to get it and so its down to the consumer to decide whether to get the HDD and modem and since I'm finding it just too expensive I'm not getting it for a couple of years but im going to get THPS3.
Fri 10/08/01 at 22:42
If their a decent price I`d get modem and HDD .
Sat 11/08/01 at 03:55
Regular
"accidental superher"
i wanna get a modem...possibly broadband if prices get cheaper..
as for hard disk...i'm not sure....
if it's 200 quid in the uk, i would rather use it on getting games
then see later if it really has that much use...
Sat 11/08/01 at 03:55
Regular
"accidental superher"
Sat 11/08/01 at 03:57
Regular
"accidental superher"
Sat 11/08/01 at 22:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
SnoopDoggyDan wrote:

> i'm not prepared to pay £40+ every
> month - Almost £500 a year to play online games? I don't think
> so.

Can someone tell me about this price thing (£40 a month for online games) i'm not that up to date with the latest news :)
Is this just phone bills? or do we have to pay sony everymonth after buying the modem. Sorry if my question sounds stupid!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.