GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 better than dc?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/02/04 at 11:35
Regular
"elsonar.co.uk"
http://www.reviewboard.com/Section/Games/331

dodgy americian in the dc
Mon 12/04/04 at 20:21
Regular
The problem with threads like this is that people fail to understand something very simple: everyone's version of "best" is going to apply to a different aspect. If James Bond games are your thing, the N64 is "best". If cartridges make you happy then the N64 is "best".

If you're talking about hardware specifications then of course the Dreamcast was "best" as it beat the N64 into the ground.
Sat 10/04/04 at 22:08
Regular
"jk"
the technolgy that the n64 and d cast was a couple of years apart but its down to the devopers they can make a good game or a crap game
Sat 10/04/04 at 21:52
Regular
"jk"
ye banjo tooie crap follow on but other rare games on 64 some great games
Wed 17/03/04 at 00:07
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> The N64 because it was the the console of choice for FPS games and you
> got all the Nintendo and Rare licences and games.

What a team Nintendo and Rare were on the N64... a combination that couldn't be bettered...

Can Nintendo stand alone with REtro and Silicon making up that oh so sadly missing hole at Nintendo's side.
Tue 16/03/04 at 11:59
Regular
"8==="
The N64 because it was the the console of choice for FPS games and you got all the Nintendo and Rare licences and games.
Tue 16/03/04 at 00:11
Regular
Banjo Tooie was crap...

And Conker had no problems.

The N64 IS the best console of all time... Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark, Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Goldeneye, Pilotwings, Banjo Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini, Mario 64, MArio Kart 64, CONKER CONKER CONKER and SHADOWMAN made it the finest system of them all.

The Dreamcast on the other hand is the second best system of them all :P The DC beats EVERY next gen system out today including Gamecube. The console that brought us Jet Set Radio, Code Veronica, Dead or Alive 2, MSR, Phantasy Star etc... is a console worth remembering.
Sat 13/03/04 at 23:04
Regular
The DC was better than the N64.
The N64 just couldn't handle it's best games to their full potential down to slowdown - Perfect Dark, COnker and Banjo Tooie are prime examples.

But yeah, Nintendo and Rare were the best game makers of that generation.
I've played some Dreamcast games, and they were good but...
Sat 06/03/04 at 10:23
Regular
Buck1 wrote:
> Is the N64 better than the DC?
>
> No! Dramcast was less succesful but it still dont mean its crap!

No one said it was crap. We just said the N64 was better.
Sat 06/03/04 at 10:16
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Dc everytime. Plus it went online.
Fri 05/03/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
DC wins it for me but only by the pure fact that I love Shenmue and have spent over £100 on that game franchise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.